Our weekend was pretty low key, which was great by me! Since Isabella was on her high school retreat until Friday night, we took Brook out of school Friday, which was a treat for her and me! After Clara came for some Spanish conversation with Avery, we took Brook to lunch at one of her favorite places, Crepes and Waffles. We put money in the massaging chairs and had a massage too!
She was invitied to a friend's house Friday afternoon. I thought I would drop her off and then pick her up later. But you have to go into everything here with an open mind and go with the cultural customs. I stayed at the hosue with Brook and visited with the mom, whom I have met before and really like. The only twist is that she doesn't speak a wod of English. A WORD! Needless to say, my mind and body were exhausted after 3 hours of Spanish! This is the first time Brook went to this girls home and only the second time to be invited to a Colombian's home, so she was happy to go. This girl is so sweet and one of Brook's closest friends here. She is Colombian but was also new to the school last fall, so I think they bonded over that and she remind us of one of Brook's best friends in Memphis.
Brook and Mariale (short for Maria Alejandra)
Saturday consisted of a mix of watching things on the computer and catching up on other work things here. I did make my favorite dessert here (thanks to my bag of imported pretzels, dream whip and strawberry jello!) for our dinner guests. We have new teammates who moved here to begin an RUF campus ministry at a University here and they came for dinner.
Strawberry Pretzel "Salad"
At one point Saturday, there was a group of about 10 helicopters flying towards our building.
It looked like Bogota was under attack, but it must have been some political escort or police manuever.
Sunday was church and there was a baby shower afterwards for one of the ladies in our chuch who is expecting.
The afternoon and evening was homework and watching a shows on hulu and netflix.
This week is Spirit Week at school, so hopefully the girls will have a fun and low-key week at school!

No comments:
Post a Comment