"The feast day of the Assumption of Mary, also known as Assumption Day, is the principal feast dayof the Virgin Mother Mary, according to Christian tradition."
It is Assumption Day in Colombia, which means today is holiday, which translates to NO SCHOOL!! Colombia has the 2nd highest number of holidays in the world (18), behind India, which has 21.
Now on to our weekend wrap up:
Isabella had a senior high girls even after school Friday and got home around 6:30. Friday night was low key for us. I watched the Yankees baseball game, which was Alex Rodriguez last game and the Yankees won!
Saturday morning, we Skyped with our Iranian friend and his wife who live in Belgium. We are so thankful to maintain this relationship after meeting 2 1/2 years ago. They are an incredible couple and I hope all my American friends can meet them one day.
Isabella babysat Saturday afternoon and I stopped by the store on my walk home. I bought our favorite papa criollas (the small potatoes), onion, a lime, a bottle of Lulo juice (which I drank quickly!) and a diet coke for $4. Seemed cheap to me, but I promise you, it wasn't easy.
I took a shower and was in my Santa pajamas by 5pm. Life is sure different here!
Then I sat at the desk and found this Hallmark movie on my computer to watch.
Sunday, we went to the English church again and went to a pizza place for lunch. We had always heard good things about it so we tried it out yesterday. We enjoyed the marguarita pizza, as the other types were a little to strange to us gringos!
We walked down the street to a cute bakery. This area of town has a lot of restaurants that we can try on Sundays.
The girls got red velvet cupcakes. This is the only cupcake place I know of and the first time I've seen Red Velvet cupcakes.
I got some hot chocolate and Avery and I shared this Belgian chocolate.
A piece of Belgium :) Good thing I had some chocolate in me because it took us an hour and a half to get home....11 miles people!!!!
Oh, and pretty much, my weekend looked like this. Colombian's version of Vapo Rub and some good 'ol Walgreens brand allergy medicine!
Today is a full day of a morning trip to Pricesmart and a team luncheon at one of the most unique restaurants I've ever been to in my life. I'll post on that later this week.
Happy Monday!!

No comments:
Post a Comment