Friday, January 26, 2018

Friday Favorites

ONE

Another blogger who hosts this link up, momfessionals,  has raved about these Elfa door organizers from The Container Store.  I chose the pieces I wanted instead of the kit, and it arrived this week.  It has been a game changer for our pantry and is a favorite thing for sure.  I now understand the feeling of wanting one of these for the back of any closet door.

I was pleased that our door closed with no problems of baskets hitting the pantry shelves.  The baskets I ordered are narrow because we have a very narrow door.

You can order wire or mesh baskets, but I chose the mesh for a cleaner look and to avoid anything slipping out between wires.

You see very little of the organizer from the outside.  Since I have a very small pantry, this helps so much and now I feel like I have enough room and an organized pantry.  On a side note, I also have a pull out cabinet door to store canned goods, which is super helpful too.

TWO

Monday, I returned to a full time job after 17 years to the day.  It has been a good week overall, but so many adjustments that will take more than a week.
Until I get my badge, I wait each morning at the gate for a temporary one to enter the property. The property and buildings are very secure.
One of my adjustments is meal planning.  Monday night started off good with me meeting my family for Mexican food for dinner.  I did a slow cooker meal one night, church meal on Wednesday night, and prepped food the night before that my girls put in the oven for me last night.

Thanks for praying for me and I would continue to ask for your prayers as I adjust to the commute.  I need to leave an hour before my shift begins for 45 minutes in traffic and some time to park, get into the building and be ready for work. I am doing okay with my sleep schedule and housework so far.  My girls have helped with some housework and we used Kroger click list this week to pick up groceries. I am in training for a few weeks.  Thankfully, everyone has been kind and the office is laid back, however, there is also a strong emphasis on performance.

THREE

I did a 3 day series on some home improvements we have done this past year in honor of our one year anniversary in our home this weekend.  Here is a link to part 3 of that and the other parts are on the blog from this week too if you want to see some of our before and after pictures.  I think the pictures from day 3 show the most change.



That is all for today and I am so looking forward to the weekend! Hope you enjoy yours too!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...