Wednesday, April 11, 2018

How We Wednesdays.......

This month's how we Wednesday topic is how we spring clean and organize.
I must admit, I haven't done too much of either of these.  But I will begin with spring cleaning....I do the normal cleaning most weekends, but spring cleaning makes me think of the deep cleaning.  We have been in our house for just a little over a year, so this would be the first year to spring clean since we were still unpacking last spring! The spring cleaning item I would like to do this year is clean our windows. Yes, there is so much more I could do, but I'm just keeping it real!  In the meantime, my tip would be to do a little bit at a time and be constant in regular cleaning.

Now on to organizing....in some ways, I am organized because we have only been in the house again for such a short time. However, I always have things to organize!  Some of my keys to organizing are

~ use baskets and containers  to organize drawers and cabinets or basically anywhere you can!

~ throw away any unwanted papers as soon as you receive them

~ go digital with music, photos, and movies

~ donate or throw away things that don't bring you joy, like clothes that don't fit well, things you have two of or other household items.

I have quite the list of things to organize this spring that I hope to tackle in small spurts this spring.

I will admit, moving to another country to start over and then moving back to the US and starting over really makes you think about how much stuff you have.  I haven't read the latest decluttering books that are popular right now.....moving to and from another country was the inspiration I needed!

I am looking forward to reading some tips of organizing and spring cleaning from others linked up to this blog.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...