Today, I am linking up for Tuesday Talk about Broadway!
I love New York City. I love a Broadway play. I love Broadway in NYC, but enjoy plays locally too.
For the most part, I usually only see musicals. I think my first musical was Annie and I remember my dad taking me to see this. My parents enjoy musicals and took us to see them as children, so my family enjoys doing this together. I am thankful to have seen a variety of shows, and thought I would mention some of my favorites, but probably will forget some too!
My #`1 favorite musical has always been 42nd Street. I saw this in NYC when I was 12 when my favorite actress at the time played the lead role. I was swept up in all of it....the music, the tap dancing, the story line of a chorus girl who gets the lead, and seeing my favorite actress. I even used a quote from this play when I was chosen for Hall of Fame my senior year of high school "There is a sunny side to every situation". I still like this play and it is coming to a local theater this summer!
My other favorites are some of the Disney performances. My favorite Disney plays are:
Aladdin ~ saw this twice in NYC and was amazed each time!
Lion King ~ the music live is so inspiring and my favorite is the opening scene. I could sit through that night after night
Mary Poppins ~ I mean, who doesn't love Mary Poppins? And I love the chimney sweeps Step in Time scene.
I have also seen Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast on stage, but the others are my favorites in the Disney category.
Other classics are Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables and Wicked. These are all great with some powerful music. One highlight of Les Miserables was when we surprised the girls with tickets to the show while we were in London. It was awesome.
I have yet to see Hamilton, but it is on my list.
Some other plays I enjoyed are my most recent play I saw, Something Rotten. I also really liked Legally Blonde. And this is not a comprehensive list, but here are some others I've seen in the past:
Annie
A Christmas Carol
An American In Paris
Annie Get Your Gun
Carousel
Cats
Chicago
Fiddler on the Roof
Finding Neverland
Pippin
Grease
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Mama Mia
The Music Man
Oklahoma
Oliver
Pippin
Starlight Express
Sound of Music
Singing In the Rain
Thoroughly Modern Millie
Titanic
War Horse
What are your favorites? Any suggestions? Go see a play, whether it be a high school play, local theater, touring production, or broadway production!




No comments:
Post a Comment