Happy Monday! This months questionnaire is all about parties.
1. Favorite birthday party as a child?
Most of my birthday parties as a child were at home and I have fun memories from them and can remember things basically from pictures. I remember I did have one party at the local pizza parlor (it was actually called a pizza parlor :)) and that was special to go somewhere with my friends. My mom always made my cakes and my parties were just fun and simple.
I do have many favorites of own children's parties, although, I enjoyed planning each of them. Click here to see a snapshot of past birthday parties we have hosted.
2. Do you like to entertain? Yes or No?
Why yes I do! However, since I returned to work full time this year, I have not done so as much. We actually did have a friend over for dinner last week and my niece and her fiance came a few weeks ago. As the weather gets cooler, it is nice to entertain on our back porch.
3. What kind of parties are your favorites?
I love a theme party! I don't necessarily love a costume party, but I do like a good themed party with decorations and food that correspond to the theme. I guess this comes from my love of throwing birthday parties for my girls.
4. Big or small parties?
I think smaller is better so you can really visit with people. For my girls birthday parties, we usually had a 8-10 person limit. I do remember one birthday party for Isabella where we had 12 though, but hey....the theme was Princess Kate, so we it was all good!
5. Favorite thing to do at parties?
Visit with friends, eat good food, good music in the background and good lighting are all some of my favorite things at a party.
6. Party food favorites?
My first thought when it comes to party food are dips! I guess that is the southerner in me. I think of dips with chips or crackers and finger foods.
7. Favorite flavor of birthday cake?
I love all things chocolate, but I like a good strawberry cake too. As much as I like yogurt, I think I would like to try a yogurt cake for my birthday this fall.
8. Balloons? Yes or No?
I had some balloons at birthday parties for our girls, so my answer might be 50/50 on this one. I am certainly one to not overdo it on balloons. I have bought a few single themed balloons for events, but not too often.
9. Best party song?
When I read this question, the first song that came into my mind was "Party in the USA". It is a fun song! I think for an adult social, a good background music playlist is one from the 60's, 70's and 80's because it includes such a variety of music that we are familiar with, even if we weren't born or have many memories from the 60's.
10. Do you like to dance? Yes or No?
Why yes! However, do I dance at many parties? No. We did hire a salsa dance teacher for our daughter's 16th birthday party, which was so fun. If my husband and I are at a wedding together, we do enjoy dancing at the reception.
Around here, it's the first day of school, so more on that later, but prayers appreciated for my youngest and all the other kids and teachers today.

I'm with you on the party food!
ReplyDelete