Tuesday, March 10, 2020

10 on the 10th

Good morning!  Today, I am sharing 10 on the 10th  linking up with Once Upon a Time Happily Ever  After with some questions about Spring
1.  As a child, I don't remember taking spring break trips, but am sure I always enjoyed the week off school.  My family went on a big summer vacation each year, but I don't have specific memories of a spring break trip.  Easter was always a special time as a family.  We would get a new dress and usually a pair of white shoes for Easter Sunday.  We would have an Easter Egg hunt, get a basket with some candy and enjoy Easter with our family.

2.  I would not say I spring clean.  I just try to keep up with every day cleaning and organizing, but no deep cleaning.  

3.  Spring weather in the south is very nice.  It is before the bugs and the heat and people are still excited to work in their yards :).

4. I don't have a great green thumb, but I do enjoy working in the yard and planting flowers.  I do okay, but am no expert.

5. I am not a windows open person and really never have been.  If I am inside and it is hot, I would prefer the AC.  My favorite is this time of the year where we can go most days with heat or AC.

6.  Like most holidays, I do enjoy decorating for spring.  I will probably bring out my spring decorations the end of March so I can keep my St. Patrick's Day decor up this month.

7. It is rare that I wear a swimsuit or shorts, even in the summer.  I should still get ready, but basically, I always need to eat healthier, but the goal isn't necessarily for summer weather.

8. I keep my current season's clothes in my closet for the most part and keep some off season clothes in our guest bedroom closet.  I do have a few things that overlap through both seasons.

9. My go to spring uniform is a t-shirt/top with jeans.  I sure miss my boots in the spring and summer.

10. I do enjoy a nice walk on a pretty day and a walk to our neighborhood lake.  We even enjoyed the pretty weekend weather and took our canoe out on the lake on Sunday!

Happy Tuesday!


3 comments:

  1. Boy taking that canoe out on the canoe looks like the perfect way to enjoy one of these spring afternoons! Hope you soak in all the nice days - before the heat settles in (and the bugs)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello new friend, so tickled to have you join me for 10 on the 10th this month! Thank you so much. By chance do you live in Memphis? I haven't looked to see if you have an "ABOUT" page, but just guessing from your blog title. I lived in Memphis, actually Bartlett, all my childhood, went to Southwestern at Memphis/Rhodes my freshman year of college then transferred to UTK. My dad worked at St. Jude. If you don't live in Memphis...sorry about all of that!! TMI probably.

    Enjoyed reading your answers and getting to know you. I don't miss the Memphis humidity. Or the mosquitoes. But I miss the green. Playing in our backyard. I live in El Paso and everything is pretty dry. I don't have much of a green thumb, either.

    What a delight to have a canoe and place to ride in it!! I miss the water, too. We don't have much around here.

    Hope you will join me again next month. Would like to continue getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get our kayaks out on the lake... the ice has finally melted but the water has to warm up before we'll go out on it.

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...