Friday, April 24, 2020

Friday Favorites ~ Week 6


Happy Friday!  Today is Friday, April 24, 2020.  6 years ago today, this happened.
It is hard to tell, but our family is in that picture above taken at the airport in Bogota, Colombia.  We had just arrived with 32 bags to live there for 3 years. 
This was day 1.  Those are days we will never forget.  I am so thankful we did that, even though there were some hard days, it was one of the best things I have ever done.

Picking up with some highlights of the last 7 days....
Either 1, 2, 3 or 4 of us are taking a walk every day.  This day, we all walked to our lake and pretended to do exercises on the pier.
Saturday, we did a drive by parade for my nephew and his fiancee.
I did my weekly shopping and this week I went to Walmart.  I have been alternating Walmart, Aldi and Kroger for my weekly shopping trip.
I know it seems like the craziest purchase of the year, but I picked up this 2020 planner for $2 on clearance.  Clearly, planners are super cheap these days!  I bought with hopes I can put a few things in this or at least use it as a daily to-do list.
This was a rare sight....both girls on our window seat doodling and being creative. 
I haven't made homemade bread in years, but I made some homemade artisan bread this week.  This is the only picture I took, but it turned out so good!  I will make it again and post more pictures and the recipe. I also made Joanna Gaines chocolate chip cookies this week.  I had heard so much about them and they did not disappoint either.
The rest of the week was spent babysitting 3 mornings, doing Rosetta Stone Spanish (trying to refresh my skills), zoom calls, watching a little tv and some housekeeping.
Hope something about the weekend seems relaxing for everyone and we all continue to soak in this downtime.




2 comments:

  1. We've been baking lots of different bread recipe but our favorite was a no-knead artisanal bread. Yours looks delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool that you are close by to a pier to walk to. A nice place to get away! We baked pizza today and surprisingly, it turned out good. We normally used premade crust but we made from scratch so pretty happy with the results! We alternate shopping trips too. It's just a bummer that some of the things we look for are still not in stock but perhaps we just keep missing the delivery window!! Ha! Wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...