Friday, January 29, 2021

Friday Favorites ~ January 29, 2021


Happy Friday!  Thankful to have this first month of 2021 almost behind us.  I am sharing some of my favorites this week.

ONE

These sayings spoke to me this week as great reminders.

TWO

For my birthday last fall, I was given several shower steamers and I used my stress relief this week.

THREE

I am usually not a cereal eater, but I got a random craving a few weeks ago for Honeycomb cereal.  Instead of buying it, I actually tried this healthy version of cereals.  We tried the frosted, fruity and cinnamon flavors.  The frosted and fruity are pretty good, but the we decided the cinnamon tastes better dry.  Have you tried this or any other healthy cereals?
Another morning this week, I made a new to me recipe of sweet potato toast.  I sliced one sweet potato &  baked it at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.  Meanwhile, I warmed some real bacon bits in a skillet for a few minutes, then removed them.  I whisked 3 eggs then poured them into the same skillet.  I let them cook for 1 minute without stirring, swirled it around then cooked it for another minute. I added about 1/4 cup of cheese and covered the skillet one minute for the cheese to melt.  Afterwards, I put the bacon bits on top and cut the eggs into strips to serve on top of the sweet potato.  It was a different, creative breakfast for us this week.  I took this to eat while doing some computer work :).

FOUR

I have enjoyed burning this Woodwick candle in January to have the sound of crackling wood when we didn't have a fire going.
As I transition from winter to Valentine decor, I did find this sign at TJMaxx this week.  I mentioned it on my blog yesterday on Monthly Musings because if someone were to ask me do my husband and I have a special song, it would be Always and Forever by Luther Vandross.

Have a great weekend friends!





 

5 comments:

  1. ....and now I'm singing that song. Ha! I have never heard of a shower steamer, but now I'm intrigued. I'm thinking my hubby would love to try that on days when he has a migraine type headache and heads to the shower to see if he steam it out. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woodwick candles are so cozy! The shower steamers sound wonderful! Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh, I LOVE that quote from Lysa TerKerust and so needed to hear it today. Thanks for sharing! I have heard great things about Magic Spoon cereal. Have an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen that cereal before; your egg toasts look delicious and I am sure I'll be stealing your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve been looking at those Magic Spoon cereals and wondering if they were worth the cost. Good to know they are delicious! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...