Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Monthly Musings ~ February 2021

 Today, I am linking up with Monthly Musings sharing about Valentines and love.

1. How do you show love?  What is your love language?

I tend to show love in acts of service, but am trying to get better in other ways that relate to my family better.  I would have said 6 months ago acts of service is my love language, but that has changed to quality time and physical touch. I do still love an act of service though too!  It is interesting how the needs of love languages change with new circumstances.


2.  Do you have any fun Valentine's traditions?

I always decorate our home for the holiday and give my husband and girls a small gift and candy.  I usually purchase Valentine paper products to use for our meal.  When the girls were younger, I would make heart shaped food for breakfast, like pancakes or biscuits. 


3.  Favorite Valentine's memory?

I just love all the simple ones we had when both girls were at home.


4.  Favorite Valentine's treat?

I am a fan of chocolate and think of chocolate caramel hearts or a chocolate cheesecake.  Not going to lie, I saw an advertisement of a new chocolate cheesecake at McAlister's Deli, and it looks delicious!  Also, I can't refuse a chocolate covered strawberry!


5.  Do you wear Valentine's Day fashions?

I usually try to wear something red, pink or with hearts, although I don't have many "heart" clothing or accessories.  I remember when my girls were younger, all the Valentine clothes seemed to be short sleeves, yet it was usually pretty chilly on February 14th!

6.  Valentine's Day...love, like, or hard pass?

Love!  I love the opportunity to focus on God's love for us and love for others.  This is not just a romantic holiday by any means.  


7.  What do you think is the most romantic song?

I would have to go with the song "Always and Forever" by Luther Vandross.  This has always been a special song for my husband and I.  I actually saw this sign at TJMaxx this week and had to get it!  It is sitting on our bathroom shelf.

8.  Dine out, take out or cook in this Valentine's Day?

Usually, I cook on Valentine's Day.  With it being on a Sunday, I imagine I will do the same this year....just don't know what the menu will be yet!

9.  Pink or red?

Do I have to choose one?  I like both and I even like them combined together!


10.  Flowers or chocolates?

Once again, do I have to choose :)?  I do love them both and neither of them will last too long.  Actually, the flowers would last longer than the chocolates, ha!  Since I will make a dessert on Valentine's Day, I may go with flowers though as my final answer.

This is such a fun post and looking forward to reading others musings!



4 comments:

  1. Very hard for me to choose between colors and treats too! I am with you! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining Holly and me again this month. I am starting to think we need to pull together a Monthly Musings Valentines play list with all of these great song suggestions.

    Patty
    Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooohhhh... now that you mentioned cheesecake I want a chocolate raspberry cheesecake for Valentine's Day. I'll have to see if I can make one!

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...