Back to blogging this week after a snowy, cold week for our country. Like so many, we had record temperatures and snowfall. It was a long, hard week at times. But I'm going to tell you, I took 10,000 pictures because the snow was beautiful. As of this morning, we have had temperatures above freezing for 24 hours now so the snow is beginning to melt. I may be blogging snow pictures for the next week, just to have a record of this. I left the house yesterday for the first time in a week, other than walking in our neighborhood.
This was just the beginning a week ago Sunday morning on our way to church.
Seeing our front porch get snow was so exciting! Little did we know what else was to come.
Monday, our washing machine pump busted and water covered our laundry room floor.
The cedar mop bucket came in handy! Update....I am washing clothes at a friend's house this week and a new machine will come the end of this week.
We had 4 inches by Monday afternoon.
We went to go sledding at our neighborhood hill. After one time down and walking back up, I began to feel very faint. I have a history of fainting and a blood clot disorder, so I think the combination of that and the extreme cold temperature in the teens contributed to this. A neighbor had to carry me while my husband had gone ahead to try to get his truck. It was eventful and needless to say, I stayed inside the next 2 days.
While inside, I worked a puzzle.
Was amazed at the icicles...
And we saw deer tracks on our walkway!
Wednesday, it snowed for 6 hours straight and I just sat at the window watching. I couldn't stop. My daughter and I did a photo shoot in the snow, which I will share later.
It was amazing to see the difference of our walkway from Tuesday to Thursday.
We had at least 8 inches in our yard.
My husband and I
We went back to our sledding hill for another try since temperatures were in the 20's, which felt so much warmer than Monday! I sure missed my older daughter through all of this!
We took a walk and this is looking from the woods back up to the hill where everyone sleds in our neighborhood. One guy was even on skies!
Here is a picture from the front side of the hill of Brook bringing our sled after a ride down.
We took a walk through the woods and the views were stunning! I loved seeing the snow piled on the trees!
I stopped to make a snow angel.
It was a good day.
Friday, we built a snowman, which was so fun. We listened to "Do you want to build a snowman" and Gwen Stefani's Christmas music :). The snow was perfect for a snowman and we built him around a tree!
My daughter only had Monday out of school for the holiday, so all of our other time outside was done after school. Some days, I honestly felt like I had lived 3 days in one. It was a long week. We are boiling water here and hopefully soon, shelves will be replenished at the grocery stores. We went to church yesterday, which was my first time in a week to ride somewhere. It was so exciting! Parts of this week felt like some time last March when the shut downs happened. After a week of cooking at home, I will be glad to go out to eat and get a little bit of a normal routine this week. It seems there have been very few weeks of 2021 that have been normal routine. This year is keeping us on our toes again! Even though we've had some hardships with my health, water and no washing machine, we are very thankful and have been so concerned for our friends in Texas. So thankful the warmer weather is back for all of us. Thanks for bearing through some snow pictures if you made it this far!
Linking up with Tanya today.



























What a week! I'm so glad you were okay after you fainted on Monday. And I'm sorry to hear about your washing machine! We recently had to buy a new one as well and it's a big deal around here when ours goes out. I'm hoping the boil water alert goes away soon...it doesn't affect us, but I know many that it does and I know how inconvenient it is. I also thought the week reminded me of lockdown in 2020 and said that to my friend. I stayed in all week and yesterday going to church was SO EXCITING! I plan on going out today too, for groceries (fingers crossed) and maybe a quick lunch out and nail appointment. Enjoy your day!
ReplyDeleteMarilyn, coming to read this post, I can tell what kind of person you are. You made the best of a very hard week!!! You could have easily come on and complained but you shared all the highlights! Love that!! The snow pictures really are beautiful!! My favorite is the one when you went on a walk and the trees were covered.
ReplyDeleteI love you you really made the best of your week! Looks like you all had fun in the snow (well aside from nearly fainting).
ReplyDeleteWhat a week. You're right that it felt very much like last March with the beginning of lockdowns. The snow was so beautiful and you sure got a lot of it. I'm so glad you were ok after your fainting spell...scary! We had a similar washer problem many years ago. It happened while we were out for the day, and we came home to about an inch of water throughout the kitchen and living area. Not fun! Now I think twice before leaving the house with an appliance running! Take care - Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road
ReplyDeleteLove your snow pics especially in the woods. I cant wait to see the photoshoot in the snow. I bet it’s beautiful.
ReplyDelete