Wednesday, March 10, 2021

10 on the 10th ~ March 2021

Happy Wednesday!  Linking up today with onceuponatimehappilyeverafter for the 10 on the 10th blog post all about Spring.
The theme is 10 things you Love about Spring.

1.  The weather - I love this current phase of weather where it is a little chilly in the mornings and evenings, but most of the day is temperature in the 60's.  When we lived in South America for 3 years, we didn't have seasons, but it was always spring/fall weather year round.  The temperature never dropped below 60 or was above 70, even though the sun would get intense being closer to the equator. This picture was taken in July 2015 and we were wearing sweaters and boots in Bogota'. 

2.  Clothing - The change in weather brings out a change in clothes.  There is always something exciting about changing the wardrobe a little bit.  It is time to bring out the lightweight cardigans, floral tops, white jeans, and some cute wedges.  With that being said, I would wear my boots year round if I could. Y'all know I also mourn for a quick bit each year when I put away my boots though.

3.  Outdoors - It is nice to be able to go outdoors for a walk, eat outside on the back porch, & spring planting.  Also, having people gather for an outdoor event gets me excited!

4.  Plants - Speaking of spring planting, I love seeing the crocus and daffodils pop up in yards.  I just cut a few flowers yesterday.  I have some other flowers I want to plant, but am waiting until at least April.  I am spending some time this month just to prep my yard with turning over the soil and getting rid of weeds and all the sticks that have fallen to the ground.

5.  Decor - It is fun to decorate with flowers and all the spring/Easter things.  It just brings a bit of joy and happiness in homes.  I do keep my lights above the mantle on a time for every night, so I feel that coziness in the midst of spring decor.  

6.  St. Patrick's Day - It is a fun little holiday to show how lucky we are to have people in our lives.  I decorate for this, then will transition into Easter.  It is always good to hear the story of St. Patrick too. Here is my St. Patrick's decor:

7.  Easter - This is a fun holiday to decorate for, but much more than that.  This holiday is the hope of our Christian faith.  This is what sets us apart.  Jesus was resurrected.  He lives today.  It is always a fun day with family, however that may look.  Last year, it was just the 4 of us with no extended family due to everyone being so careful in our then new covid environment.

8.  Spring cleaning - If we haven't all cleaned out all our drawers and closets by now after the past year, seems like spring is the time to do it.  With the change of wardrobes and weather, it is a little more motivating to go through things and toss them or donate them.  I am trying to do some organizing in our attic while the weather is not too cold or too hot.

9. Travel - Spring makes me think of travel and here's hoping we all get to do a little more of it this year.  Even just little weekend trips are good for the soul. I have a few scheduled and am looking forward to them.  

10.  Inspiration - I feel like after winter, we are inspired and excited for just a new season.  We have made it through winter & feel a sense of motivation and empowerment to tackle new projects, while also relaxing in the new season.

I am thankful for Spring more than ever this 2021!


 

6 comments:

  1. Eek!! I am so excited for spring! It was here over the weekend but now we have the snow back. Love how you decorate for St. Pat's Day. I was just thinking yesterday that I should put out some things. Only a week away. Have a great day, Marilyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We spent some time doing spring cleaning and working in our yard last weekend. Your spring blooms are so fresh and pretty! Happy Spring! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love...I love the idea of Inspiration. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And here I am doing my happy dance when I can pack away the boots and bring out my flip flops! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the mention and for joining me!! Love your list. I am a large part Irish-Scottish and love love love the color green. Your cute St. Patrick's Day decor speaks to my heart. The twinkling lights are like little spirits or leprechauns everywhere. So fun.

    I agree, spring does breed inspiration and creativity and just a fresh outlook. A hopefulness. While each season has it's special qualities, spring is the most uplifting, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list - and I love that last one. Inspiration. You are right...spring does that! And just in time...before winter drains every ounce!!

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...