Good Monday morning! Somehow, last week went by so fast. Today, I am linking up with Tanya and catching up on the weekend and a little of last week.
As I have mentioned before, I help my husband with his business some. Part of that is helping with ordering, which included an afternoon trip to pick up some tile (he does construction remodeling & additions). We drove a little over an hour in his truck and had lunch together. It was a good afternoon.
If life ever takes you to Batesville, MS, go eat at Bread and Butter on the square. They are only open Monday-Friday until 2pm, but the food is so good. This was the crab cake BLT with sweet potato fries.
Saturday, we went to visit an old friend who has private land. We practiced shooting guns, fed cows & a 2 week old calf, grilled out and ate too much!
Also, last week, my parents celebrated 55 years of marriage. We had a family celebration Sunday afternoon. My brother and his family lives out of town, so we always miss them at family events.
This is a treasure because it was my first time holding this little great born in December.
Sunday afternoon, we took a walk in the same woods that were beautiful and snowy just a few weeks ago, enjoyed the nice weather on the back porch & I watched When Calls the Heart.
It was a great weekend and hoping now I can be motivated to get some projects done I need to do this week!














Such a fun weekend! Glad you enjoyed :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful weekend, Marilyn!! That two week old calf is so sweet; how fun to feed her! Glad you all could get together and celebrate your mom and dad! 55 years is deserving of a BIG celebration for sure! My parents will celebrate 50 years come August. Not sure what that will hold, but I am hoping at least my brothers, their families, and mine can get back to WI for it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful re-cap! I often accompany my husband on work type errands too. It's a fun way to spend time together.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a great weekend. I love when I can catch a weekday lunch with my husband...easier now that he is working from home. Congratulations to your parents on their 55th anniversary! Thanks for linking up with Hello Monday! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road
ReplyDeleteYour little great nieces/nephews are SO PRECIOUS! This part of being older is such a sweet thing, isn't it? Sounds like a great week and weekend!
ReplyDelete