Thursday, March 25, 2021

Monthly Musings ~March 2021

Happy Thursday!  Linking up today for the Monthly Musings about Spring!
1. Our family celebrates Easter and the resurrection of Jesus.  Our Easter tradition is to go to church and we usually have lunch with our extended family.  Last year, it was just the 4 of us, but it was still a good day.  We usually have ham, asparagus, mac-n-cheese, and a few other items.  

2.  A favorite Spring tradition when our girls were younger was going camping Easter weekend with several other families.  It was always so fun and full of sweet memories.  Now that the girls are older, we sometimes dye Easter eggs and I still give my girls a small Easter basket.  It is just harder to get creative these days with their ages (20 and 16), but I have a few ideas for this year.

3.  Our Spring activities are honestly not too much at this stage of life.  We do take more walks in the spring and work in the yard.  

4.  I am most looking forward to taking a few trips.  I have my first flight in over a year coming up and a few weekend trips as well.

5.  I do like to plant flowers, however, we don't plant a garden.  There was a time we planted tomatoes, and I would like to do that again at a future home.  I started planting some flowers last weekend.

6.  I do like to decorate for Spring and brought out some touches last weekend.

7.  A favorite Spring meal is chicken salad.  I have started substituting greek yogurt for mayonaise, and it makes it so much healthier and still tastes good too.  I also love anything with strawberries and cool treats, like frozen yogurt.

8.  The past week has felt like perfect Spring weather and we have all enjoyed it.  I enjoy dressing in layers during this Spring season.

9.  Our Spring will definitely look different from last year.   This year, we are still wearing masks in public, indoor spaces, however, it is so nice to have more freedoms going to stores, restaurants, church and friends and family gatherings. 

10.  I dined outside Monday at lunch with a friend!  I hope to see a few more friends I haven't seen in a while for some outdoor meals soon too.

Have a great day and weekend ahead!  I'm headed out for trip number one, so I'll be out of blogging for a little bit.  

 

5 comments:

  1. Your spring table is beautiful, especially your dishes! I don't do any spring decor, believe it or not...I'm not sure why! I suppose it's just not a season I love as much as others, though I do love it and seeing the trees green up again. I hope you have a fun and safe trip! I can't wait to hear about it soon. Take care, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your spring decorations and never thought about adding Greek yogurt to my chicken salad- definitely doing to give that a shot- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a great trip! And I love your house decorations. I feel like I should do more inside decorating after reading these posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chicken salad! I have never thought of trying to make it with yogurt though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun Q&A and learning more about your spring, Marilyn! Love that you guys would go camping with a big group Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...