Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Let's Look ~ April 2021

 This month's Let's Look link up is about our fridge and pantry.  This is an interesting topic to see how we are all different!


First, is a quick picture inside our refrigerator.  I am sharing this one basically because of the little tray.  I bought two of these from Costco earlier this year and they are little "lazy susans".  They are advertised to be used in a pantry, but I use both of mine in my refrigerator.  I have our soda of choice, Coke Zero, on this, but usually have a few more options and it is easier to turn the table than move things around inside.  Staples I keep on hand are greek yogurt, almond milk, string cheese sticks and eggs.


Next, is my pantry area.  The pantry is the small door and the other doors lead to laundry, where I do keep some overflow pantry items.
These rolling trays have been great storage areas and easy to access with the wheels.  I can easily move them to look for something, since I keep these in my laundry area.  I have some Costco box finds usually stored here, along with paper products.
Speaking of Costco, these are now two of my staple Costco items we like to have on hand.  The rice can be microwaved and ready in 90 seconds.  The brownie mix is so good.  It is healthy and actually taste like a regular mix to me, yet it is sugar free.  
Inside my pantry door (and a hall closet too), I have the Elfa storage system.  Elfa is a storage system The Container Store sells and they have a sale on this every January.  They have lots of options, but I love this for my pantry & it basically holds spices and some baking essentials.
I usually organize/clean my pantry at least once a month.  Well, of course, it had not been done when I took these pictures, so I am not sharing too much :).  I do have baskets we use for chips, snacks and some breakfast goodies. On top shelves, I do have some clear, labeled containers for baking goods.
On the bottom floor, I have cereal containers and this bread box.  My husband bought this for me, but it was also fun for me to see this is sold at Ree Drummond's Pioneer Woman Mercantile store in Oklahoma, when I visited there 2 years ago.  I actually use this for tortillas and buns, but store my loaf bread in the fridge.

Nothing to groundbreaking here, and even though I can always use more storage, I am thankful for this system!

Enjoy your day and the rest of your week!  I am off for another little adventure, so won't be blogging anymore this week.





3 comments:

  1. We have almost all those same staples in our fridge too (other than the Coke zero).. we go through 2 nonfat greek yogurt containers a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so organized, Marilyn! {We eat that same Greek yogurt here... go through a few a week!!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some amazing Costco finds! I love the lazy susan tray and the bread box.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...