Thursday, April 29, 2021

Monthly Musings ~ April 2021

 Today I am linking up for April's Monthly Musings with Patty & Holly.  The theme is all about Spring Cleaning.

1.  Are you doing a spring cleaning this year?

I don't have a "spring clean" schedule, but feel like I have done some of those items lately, like rotate my mattress and clean the baseboards!  I do try to keep up with daily cleaning of wiping down counters and weekly routine of cleaning bathrooms, vacuum and spraying cabinets and hardware to clean.

2.  Favorite cleaning products?

I use Thieves spray for my kitchen, Lysol wipes in the bathrooms and my vacuum robot.

3.  What is your must clean for every spring?

I clean outside on our front and back porches after the winter.  I am sweeping mostly pollen these days from our walkway.

4.  Any garage/shed tips?

The garage is something my husband cleans most every weekend because he uses it so much for work storage and tools.

5.  Pack rat or Marie Kondo devotee?

I think I am somewhere in the middle here...I have a lot of things, but as I have gotten older, I have learned to throw more things away.  I realize my girls really don't want most of my old houseware things or other random things I have saved!

6.  Best cleaning hack?

I have always been a fan of the Magic Eraser to use on most any surface.  I am also a recent fan of Folex Carpet Stain Spray.  This works so good and can be purchased at Home Depot or Lowes.  If you have a carpet stain, this is worth buying.

7.  Do you have help with house cleaning?

No.  I am the house keeper here.  I will ask for help from time to time, but I do 99% of it, especially since I am not working full time anymore.

8.  Favorite cleaning appliance?

This would be my Shark robot vacuum.

9.   Run the dishwasher every night or just when full?  

I run it when it is full, which ends up being most nights, unless if we have gone out to eat for a meal.

10.  Favorite way to donate or purge unwanted items?

I donate things to Goodwill or if it is a large item, I will donate to the Vietnam Veteran's.  I have sold a few things on Facebook marketpace as well.  

These are always such fun posts!  Looking forward to reading others posts too.

 

5 comments:

  1. MAgic eraser--- I forgot about that... genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do a better job of cleaning my cabinets. The fronts of them get so dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for reminding me to rotate my mattress and for linking up with us.

    Robot vacuums for the win!

    Patty
    Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love my magic eraser. We just got a no-flip/ no turn mattress a year or so ago and I was so thankful to not have that chore anymore. Though I am skeptical about how well the mattress will hold up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES to Magic Erasers- they are genius and help the scuff marks on our walls for sure- thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...