Hi friends! The week has been busy and I have not been as constant with blogging the past week, but I am thankful for time I've spent catching up on some other things. I am glad to be back though today for this monthly post.
What we're eating this week............
I am sharing a mix of what we ate last week and this week due to I am doing some traveling again this week.
Monday - grilled chicken, veggies, salad
Tuesday - pizza
Wednesday - shrimp, rice, broccoli
Thursday - deer backstrap, hashbrowns, onions/peppers, carrots
Friday - out
Saturday - mesquite pork tenderloin
Sunday - chicken/beef tortillas, chips
What I'm reminiscing about..........
Last Saturday marked 7 years since our family moved to Bogota, Colombia. We lived there for 3 years as missionaries. It was an amazing experience, even though it was definitely hard at certain times. We are always thinking of memories of our times there, especially the past few days. So thankful for the relationships we made while there. This first picture was taken on our first full day in Bogota. The second picture is my girls with Edwin, who became like a son to us. We still keep in touch with him.
What I'm loving................
My husband brought me some flowers last week for professional administrative day and also for being his wife :). I do bookwork and ordering for his build/design business. It has been nice to have fresh flowers this week.
We hosted our small group from our new church this past Sunday night and it was so good to have people in our home again, especially eating together and talking about that morning's sermon together.
What we've been up to.............
This month has been fun to have several trips. The end of March, I went to Richmond, Virginia for a few days. In April, my husband and I took a trip to Birmingham, Alabama, where we saw Nate Bargatze. He has 2 comedy specials on Netflix, which are so funny. He is a clean comedian so you can watch him with your kids. If you need a laugh, watch these shows! He was so funny in person as well.
What I'm dreading..............
I still haven't finished taxes :(.
What I'm working on..................
Taxes :(
What I'm excited about............
I am having some time this week to visit with a friend who just had her first baby!
What I'm watching/reading.............
I am finishing up my Esther bible study this week and have enjoyed reading and studying this book.
We enjoyed watching Rock the Block on HGTV. I have also enjoyed the new show No Demo Reno.
What I'm listening to...........
I am catching up on so many podcasts this week while on a road trip!
Family Life Today, Don't Mom Alone, Office Ladies, Typology (about Enneagrams), Big Boo and a few others!
What I'm wearing..............
Last week it seemed like I wasn't sure whether to wear a short sleeve shirt or a sweater or sweatshirt most days. Our weather has fluctuated a lot, but I think as May approaches, we will stay a little more steady with spring temperatures.
What I'm doing this weekend...............
After so much travel recently, I am going to enjoy being at home!
What I'm looking forward to next month.............
I am looking forward to being with family on Mother's Day, having my oldest daughter home for a few days, and celebrating our wedding anniversary!
What else is new..............
I have been wanting to learn some woodworking skills. My husband is a skilled carpenter, so I have always been surrounded by woodworking tools. Last summer, we started a renovation of our main bathroom. We transformed our old shower into a closet, but had never completed it with shelves. I was able to do some cuts on the table saw and miter saw to install some shelves.
For reference, this is what it looked like before as our shower. We had started some of the demo at the time this picture was taken.
I do appreciate you reading and have a great day!






Your menu looks delicious. I’m glad you’ve gotten to travel, but also appreciate being at home. Your husband did well picking out the flowers. Have a beautiful day.
ReplyDeletewww.rsrue.blogspot.com
I just can not get over my fear of saws to even attempt making anything with my husband's tools (I am fairly accident prone so that fear is probably a good thing). Your closet looks great! Your flowers are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSuper jealous of all of your travel! And I appreciate the podcast list, I am going to have to check these out.
ReplyDeletePatty
Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com
I'm envious of all your travel. I CAN'T WAIT to be able to travel again! And we just got our taxes down this past Sunday - phew. I hate having them hanging over my head.
ReplyDeleteHow nice it will be to have shelves in a closet instead of a shower. Way to go with the woodworking.
ReplyDelete