Thursday, May 27, 2021

Monthly Musings ~ May 2021

Good morning!  I am linking up with Patti and Holly for this month's Monthly Musings all about summer.


 1.  Favorite summer tradition?
Nothing specific comes to mind, with the exception of going swimming from time to time.  We don't have a pool, but we will either go to a friend's house or my sister's house to swim.

2.  Any vacation plans this summer?

A few highlights are some travel plans.  First, we are taking a family beach vacation next month. Second, I am going to see a friend I haven't seen in 2 years in a new city I have never visited.  Third, our girls are going to see their grandparents so my husband and I will take a weekend trip during that time.

3.  Ocean, pool or lake?

I like all of these, but a pool is the most realistic.  However, I do live by a lake, but for the most part, I don't go as much in the summer because it is so hot.  I am not a lake swimming person.  If I could choose, I would sit and stare at the ocean.  I have just always been amazed at the vastness of this view and the goodness of God's beautiful creation.

4.  Favorite summer fashion items?

I have a new skort that I actually got from Costco.  It is the perfect combination of skirt/shorts at the right length that can be paired with a t-shirt. Mine is blue pinstripe, but they may have other colors and designs online or instore.

5.  Favorite summer recipe?

I love anything strawberry and this is my favorite recipe!

6.  Strawberry shortcake or Blueberry pie?

Given these choices, I would say strawberry shortcake.  I am strawberry fan over blueberry, but my preference would be for strawberry pie vs. cake.

7.  What couldn't you do in 2020 that you can now do this summer?

I am definitely planning to travel more and just the freedom to go to church, gym and see friends.  

8.  Favorite sunscreen?

My new favorite sunscreen is Supergoop.  I finally bought some this season on sale and I have loved using it so far under my makeup as a good sunscreen.

9.  Favorite summer beverage?

My favorite is sweet tea, sweetened with Stevia or artificial sweetner.

10.  Do you have a garden? Flowers?

I don't have a garden, but I do have some flowers.  I am trying to get better with this each year.  I have a few blooms in our yard now and it is so fun to see the colors come to life.



That's all for this week so hope you all have a good, long Memorial Day holiday weekend!




5 comments:

  1. That recipe for the pretzel strawberry dessert looks scrumptious! I will have to try that. I liked reading all of this! I love to swim in a big lake where the water is very, very deep. I can't be anywhere near a shore or I won't get in, but I grew up swimming in Lake Hamilton in Hot Springs, Ar. Otherwise, realistically I am a pool person as well. I love to swim! I taught all my nieces, nephews and sons how to swim at very young ages. I missed my calling as a lifeguard. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love staring at the ocean too! I need to find a good skort. I have one but it's too small so I rarely wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I think I know the skort you are talking about. I even did a blog post on those last summer because my girlfriends have a whole thing about those skorts. It's kind of like the sisterhood of the traveling skort.

    Thanks for linking up with us!
    Patty
    Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love staring at the ocean and listening to the waves! Sounds like lots of fun travel plans too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ocean is my happy place! Your strawberry dessert sounds amazing- thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...