Happy Monday and here's to a new week! Today I am linking up with the Not Just a Mom monthly topic of concerts & with Tanya. Oh my, this is a fun one for me!
I have always loved music and concerts too. I went to a few as a child, then a lot more as teenager and then occasionally as an adult. I will list what I can remember with a few pictures, which are probably not great quality considering they were taken with old fashioned cameras :).
First and foremost, my first concert was a great one to tell about....Elvis Presley! I saw his last concert in Memphis. This is actually one of my earliest childhood memories. Who knew I would grow up and work at Graceland (it was my summer job while in college) and still today, listen to Elvis music quite a bit? Here are some pictures from that night in 1976 I found online.
I was a big Donny Osmond fan as well. I saw him and later saw he and Marie as a teenager, then I saw their show in Las Vegas, where I was able to meet them (thanks Mom & Dad for arranging that!), and then saw them a few years ago at a local venue. They are such good entertainers!
At my first Osmond concert :)
This is a picture of my sister and I when we met Donny & Marie backstage after their Las Vegas show.
These are pictures from when my sister and I went with our parents to see Donny & Marie at a local venue a few years ago. I know it seems like a lot of Osmonds, but hey, I am a child of the 70's and this is what I watched every Friday night!
When I was a teenager, I began going to see my favorite artists when they would come in town. I remember concert tickets being between $12-$15. Oh, where are the days?
Then concert tickets increased and I didn't go as much, but did still go occasionally.
Here are some others I have seen throughout the years:
Shawn Cassidy (from the 70's)
Beach Boys
Jimmy Buffet
Hootie and the Blowfish
Rod Stewart
John Mellencamp
Steven Curtis Chapman
Rick Springfield
Eurythmics
Howard Jones
Lee Anne Rimes
Tim McGraw/Faith Hill
George Strait
Johnny Cash
Bruce Springsteen
Phil Collins
Duran Duran (I was a huge fan when I was in Jr. High, but didn't see them until after I was married. I have seen them a few times now and would still go back to see them for the sake of nostalgia and I like their music.)
Hall & Oates
Sting
KC & the Sunshine Band (They played at a state fair.)
Ariana Grande
Kacey Musgravves (She opened for Harry Styles.)
Harry Styles (This was another fun one because it was my youngest daughter's first concert and my oldest daughter's second concert, but my first with them both. We have tickets to see him again this fall!)
And of course, my all time favorite....Huey Lewis and the News! I have seen them about 8 or 9 times and have met Huey twice. Unfortunately, he has lost some hearing and doesn't tour anymore.
This is a fun topic so I am excited to read about other's concerts.







Girl, you have seen some shows! I love music, but I guess concerts never interested me that much, because I've always hated crowds. I saw The Beach Boys when I was a young girl and I got to meet them- I have a pic somewhere of one of them holding me. I've seen NKOTB, Kenny Chesney, Faith Hill/Tim McGraw, Brian Adams, and several Christian artists. What a fun post!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, you’ve been to some fun concerts!!
ReplyDeleteThe price of tickets are crazy now a days, oh and how fast they are sold out. I would love to see LeAnn Rimes in concert
ReplyDeleteThe price of tickets are just crazy!! I would have gone much more often if they were only even $20-$25 dollars!
ReplyDeleteWow. you've seen some good ones. Such a fun post.
ReplyDeletewww.rsrue.blogspot.com
Waiting in line for hours and $15 tickets. Those were the days! My dad was the coolest and he took me to a bunch of concerts when I was younger. I think he secretly liked Bon Jovi because we went 5 times LOL! I'm so jealous you got to see Bruce Springsteen and that you met Huey Lewis. Very cool! We missed both of them when they were in the area. I've been to a lot of concerts and this topic has me feeling nostalgic. I might need to go write a post for this linkup :) Great Post!
ReplyDeleteWow! You've been to some great concerts! I'd love to see Tim and Faith!
ReplyDeleteYou've seen some amazing concerts! I can't believe you got to see Elvis in concert! And HUEY LEWIS!!! I'd love to see one of his concerts.
ReplyDelete