Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Tuesday Talk ~ Art

 Today I am sharing all about art.  Both my daughters have been interested in art, like most young girls are at some age.  My oldest took lessons and really enjoyed.  Little sister started taking lessons too, but her real interest didn't take place until middle school.  We started to notice her talent and she entered into a high school with an art program where she had to be interviewed and show a portfolio to be a part of this program at the school.  

Two of her achievements have been her art selected for our county's school Christmas card and having art work selected to be displayed at the airport.  Her art at the airport has been on display for the last year, which of course, hasn't seen as many travelers.  However, I will get pictures from time to time of friends who have seen her artwork.  I am so happy that family and friends have been able to see this.  

The artist and I
Her sister and father
Cousins & aunts saw it too
And both set of grandparents were able to see her artwork at the airport too!

Here is my daughter with the artwork and she put so many hours into this.  Here is a little behind the scenes work from last year...
The before and after canvas

She is a detailed artist and has been commissioned to do some drawings and paintings of homes and of people.  She draws people for fun and the work is impeccable, if I do say so myself.  This trend of doing art work for people as gifts began with a Christmas gift in 2018 for her cousin with a drawing of them on Main Street at Disneyland.  

Below is a picture and then a drawing of the house she drew as a going away gift for a friend.

Check out her art Instagram page to see some more amazing drawings.  These portrait pictures are so good!  The details are insane and often these drawings look like photographs. 

 I am excited to see where she goes in the future with this talent.  



4 comments:

  1. She is so talented! It's interesting to see how talents develop within our kids, isn't it? What an honor for her artwork to be in our airport!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is very talented! I know you're proud of her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What beautiful art!

    Patty
    Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...