It is always good to reflect back on the month, so here is a recap of May 2021. That seems so strange to type as I feel like we just finished Christmas not long ago!
What we're eating this week....
Monday - Rigatoni w/sauce and grilled chicken, apple slices
Tuesday - pork chops, hash browns
Wednesday - out
Thursday - grilled chicken strips, broccoli, mac-n-cheese
Friday - hamburgers, corn on the cob, salad
Saturday - leftovers
Sunday - cookout with friends
What I'm reminiscing about.....
I think lately I have reminisced about our life in South America. I said the same thing last month as well. This month, we had a couple for an overnight stay who we served with on our missionary team there. I had not seen them in 4 years, so it was so fun to just reconnect and talk about ministry and life there. Also, I have talked to a few people in Bogota and re-connected with another friend I met there recently. I am so thankful for friendships made from all over the world during our missionary journey!
What I'm loving.......
I went to a class at the gym this week and it felt good to do that again. Normally, I go and just walk but a friend invited me to a class. It was energizing and exhausting all at the same time. I am hoping to go to the gym more often as summer approaches.
What we've been up to.......
We celebrated lots of things last weekend...our wedding anniversary and a birthday party for my great niece.
We also had a big fan installed on our back porch, just in time for the warmer weather.
What I'm dreading......
The past 2 months this answer was taxes. I am happy to report that was finally completed!
What I'm working on.......
I am working on getting motivated to clean out spaces again. I did a lot of this during 2020 and it is time to clean up some spaces again. I just honestly haven't had the motivation, so hoping that kicks in soon.
What I'm excited about..........
I am excited about some upcoming travel. I have two trips next month!
What I'm watching/reading.........
I am watching some of the new Hallmark movies as they are released on Saturdays. I was sad to see one my new favorite shows, All Rise, hasn't been renewed for another season.
What I'm listening to..........
If you have read this before, I am a podcast person. However, last month, I unsubscribed from some of favorite podcasts. I know that sounds silly, but I had so many and it was honestly information overload. I still have a few favorites, so I am trying to figure out what I want to listen to on a weekly basis and which ones to listen to from time to time, depending on guests.
What I'm wearing.......
As this warmer weather comes, I am wearing more short sleeve shirts, dresses and even shorts from time to time.
What I'm doing this weekend.........
My college girl is coming home for the weekend. We will be cheering on the Memphis Grizzlies in their NBA playoffs and we have some friends coming over too. I am hoping to get in a little yard work too.
What I'm looking forward to next month......
As mentioned earlier, I have 2 trips planned. One is a family vacation, just the 4 of us and I am looking forward to that time together. I know as the girls get older, these are precious times and will be harder to schedule. The second trip is just me going to see one of my dear friends I haven't seen in 2 years. This is friend I met while living in South America.
What else is new................
My youngest daughter got her driver's license last week so we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant to celebrate.
Also, I met my parents at Trader Joe's last week and they bought these beautiful flowers for me for my wedding anniversary.
Happy mid-week, last week of May!



We are big Timberwolves fans over here! (My boyfriend is from Minnesota.) But since they didn't make the playoffs, we're rooting for the Suns now that we live in Phoenix. 😊
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Anniversary! Enjoy your trips -- I can't wait to travel again. And after reading your menu plan, I now want some mac and cheese! Hahaha!!!
ReplyDeleteYour menu sounds great! I hope you have a great time on both trips.
ReplyDeleteMy boys are loving all these basketball games! They have a crowd of friends coming over tonight for the game. I love that sports are back for them! I just love all the fun things of summer- and am hoping for some trips soon. We had planned a best friends weekend, but we're postponing until the fall. There is a small chance I might meet my sisters at the beach at the end of June...fingers crossed!
ReplyDeleteYour trip sounds exciting! I'm glad we are slowly returning to the normalcy. The flowers look beautiful; that's very sweet of your parents!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Lovely
www.mynameislovely.com