Wednesday, July 28, 2021

What's Up Wednesday ~ July 2021

Hi friends!  Here we are with month 7 of 2021 What's Up Wednesday! Can you believe it?

What we're eating this week.................
Monday - spaghetti
Tuesday - out to celebrate the new job
Wednesday - leftovers
Thursday - BBQ, hashbrowns, broccoli
Weekend - ???
 
What I'm reminiscing about..................
Is it bad I am not really reminiscing about much right now?  I need to just live a little more in the present. 

What I'm loving................
This month I loved time with my family.  Our oldest was home for 5 days, which is the longest stretch she has been home since Christmas and also my husband and I had some time to ourselves while our youngest was at church camp for a week.

What we've been up to...............
Weekend trips!
This month, my husband and I went to a cabin in East Tennessee.   Last weekend, the 3 of us went to a lake in North Alabama with two other couples from our church. One of the other couples brought their teenager daughter who is a good friend of our daughter, so it was so fun to have them there.  We haven't done something like that in a long time.
This is a view from the back deck of the cabin to the lake.
We took a Friday night boat ride.
Saturday, we did some kayaking then took the girls for a tubing ride.

What I'm dreading..............
While I am thankful for school resuming soon, it will be an adjustment to get out of the house early every morning with school and work beginning.

What I'm working on..............
I am working on getting my old car repaired so my older daughter can drive it to school. It was surprising to find out how backed up auto body shops are with their work loads.

What I'm excited about.................
I have a new car! I am super thankful as we are doing some switches of cars around here.  

What I'm watching/reading............
I finished my Pioneer Woman book and have begun reading a book on Ruth, called the The Romance of Redemption by Tommy Vinson, a local pastor.  We consider them family to us as my sister married into his family.  

I am watching the new season of Virgin River and Ted Lasso.

What I'm listening to.............
I am listening to podcast, but less these days.  I still enjoy Office Ladies and Big Boo Podcast.

What I'm wearing.................
As the heat has increased this week, so has wearing dresses!

What I'm doing this weekend................
Hopefully not much!  I plan on staying home after two weekends away and catching up on life at home.

What I'm looking forward to next month...........
I have one more weekend trip to North Carolina to see my in-laws and one of my closest friends I haven't seen in a few years.

What else is new..............
I started a new job this week!  I am the new program director of a non-profit called The Forrest Spence Fund.  I encourage you to click on this link to learn more about the organization and how you can help.  This is a part-time job for me and I am looking forward to the challenge of learning new skills, being a part of a rewarding job by serving families and the flexibility of a part-time job.  Please pray for me as I begin this new adventure full of adjustments for me and my family.






 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job! Your weekend trips sound like they were a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job and car! Your time away looked beautiful too! =) What are you thinking of Virgin River? I love the series but this season was so much!

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...