Three days in a row of blogging.....it has been a while since I've done that :).
Today I am linking up with Anne for her monthly Currently series. Today we are talking about what we are currently:
admiring, anticipating, enjoying, spending, and saving
Admiring
I am admiring my daughters. My oldest is a junior in college this fall and has thrived in her friendships and relationship with the Lord. This is so rewarding as a mom. My youngest will start her senior year next week. I am not sure where the time went y'all. It is crazy to think we will be empty nesters next year. I am admiring her art work. I posted about it here. It blows my mind to see her talent in portrait art. Her instagram is: @brookbridgesart.
Anticipating
I am anticipating a good school year for my daughters. I am trying to stay positive that my youngest daughter will remain in person for her senior year. She will start out that way, but hoping things don't change.
I am also anticipating a trip in a few weeks to see a friend & some college visits in September and October.
In the present day, I am anticipating some work being completed on our house. We did some interior work last year and we recently began some work outside.
First, lets start with a before picture of the front..we had a walkway leading up to the front porch and door.

Enjoying
I am thankful to say I am enjoying my new job working for a non-profit. I am just on week two. There is a lot to learn, but the schedule and rewards of the job are the payoffs for me. Other than doing bookeeping and ordering for my husband's business, which is another part-time job for me, I have been unemployed from my travel agent job for 16 months. This new part time job is a very different experience not wearing a headset, talking to customers all day, booking flights, cars, hotels and trains.
Spending
This week, I am spending money on going out to eat. I am only working part-time, but I am not winning at the meal prep on my work days yet. I have to get better at this :).
Saving
I am saving for our upcoming trips and hopefully, a family vacation next spring for our daughter's senior trip. I need to start saving for Christmas as well.
Happy mid-week to you!




I can't wait to see your house when it's all finished! I remember living in a construction zone when we remodeled our home...it was an experience, for sure! I love your house, though.\ I'm glad you're enjoying your job! Isn't it hard to learn new things? I struggle with this while I did some volunteer work at our church a couple years ago...I had to learn their computer program for everything and I had the hardest time with that. Add to that the fact that I'm not super techy and well...you get my drift. ;) I hope you have a great day!
ReplyDeleteSuch an exciting year for your girls- you should be proud Mama- the home improvements look like they are coming along nicely!
ReplyDeleteI hope your youngest can stay in school all year, since it's her senior year!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new job - glad it's going well so far.
Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net
Living in a construction zone is never fun, but I bet the results are going to be amazing! I'd love a screened-in porch. Hope you have a great August, and your girls have a great (and in-person!) school year to come :)
ReplyDeleteHome projects are so exciting. Well, they are messy too but oh so worth it! Congrats on your job. I think it would be nice to have a part-time job but God hasn't opened that up for me yet. And, yes, your artist daughter is very talented! Amazing!
ReplyDeleteGreat home improvements. They will really make a difference in your home. I also can't believe it's Jack's senior year! And I hope they will stay in person too.
ReplyDeleteI hope your daughters have an excellent school year!
ReplyDeleteAll the best with your constructions. in the end it will all be worth it but living through it can be so stressful.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see all the finished remodeling work! I hope both your daughters have a wonderful school year.
ReplyDelete