Thursday, August 26, 2021

Monthly Musings ~ Back to School/Fall August 2021

 Good morning!  I am joining this month's Monthly Musings with Patty and Holly.  This month's topic is Back to School/Fall Planning.

1.  Do you meal plan and prep?

I go through phases of doing this.  The first part of August, I didn't do so well, but the last 2 weeks, I have tried to meal plan over the weekend for the week ahead.  Any prep work is done usually the morning of, unless if I defrost something the night prior to cooking.

2.  How do you buy and organize school supplies?

These days, I don't buy or organize hardly anything.  With a junior in college and a senior in high school, they do their own things.  I did buy a few things over tax free weekend, but with as little as I had to buy, we didn't worry much about the tax free savings to avoid the crowds.

3.  Any back to school traditions?

Typically, I would ask the girls for their input on a meal of choice.  This year, we went out to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant the first day of school.  I always take a picture the first day as well.
Homeschoo co-op days
This is from my senior's year this year and the picture below was 2 years ago for my oldest's first day of college, via Facetime.

4.  Bring or buy lunch?  Favorite lunchbox item?

My daughter takes her lunch to school, which is usally just a bar of some type with a bagged snack.  She has just spent 2 1/2 years at a traditional school, but she has always brought her lunch.

5.  Favorite thing about back to school then and now?

I do love a routine.  Even when we homeschooled, it was so nice to get in to a schedule during the week.  As a kid, I loved seeing my friends back to school.

6.  Pumpkin spice....love or hate?

Just within the last 7 years did I like the pumpkin flavor.  Now, I like it in almost anything!

7.  Do you decorate for fall?

Why of course!  I usually start September 1st, even though it doesn't cool off until October.  I will probably start mid September, or at least wait until after Labor Day, to display some fall things.  In October, I pull out pumpkins. These are some pictures from last year.

8.  How do you transition your wardrobe to fall?

I add cardigans, since the weather can be cooler or warmer on a moment's notice.  

9.  Favorite fall fashion staples?

I love my lightweight, long sleeve shirts to pair with jeans or pants.  

10.  When does school start where you live?

My daughter attends public school and she started 3 weeks ago.  When we homeschooled, we usually followed the typical school calendar as well.  

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Love the first day of school pics- adorable! Going out to a Mexican restaurant the first day sounds like a blast to me! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the first day of school photo via FaceTime! Thanks for linking up with us.

    Patty
    Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son never bought lunch once last year... IF they go somewhat back to normal this year there should be 4 lunch options each day (3 provided by the culinary students-- a salad, a sandwich, and another cold food option) then one provided by the cafeteria that is hot. He was interested in some of the cold lunch options so he MAY end up buying this year but we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your daughter sent a back to school photo to you from college! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...