Monday, August 30, 2021

Weekend Wrap-up ~ August 30, 2021

 Last Monday in August!  We can do this people....fall is around the corner!


I feel like I lived several days between Friday and Saturday.  It was a busy weekend!

Friday, I worked that afternoon at race packet pick-up for our 5K race our non-profit hosted on Saturday morning.  Afterwards, we went to the first home football game of the season.  I was thankful that high school football was back.  I was very tired and had sensory overload, but was still thankful and we won!  It was good to see my daughter be able to have that experience.  We had not been to a game since her freshman year.  


Saturday morning, I left home at 5:30am to work the 5K, which was a success.  It was great to cheer on runners and be with friends and family.  I am so thankful for the team I work with at my new job.


After a little rest in the afternoon, we went to our Triple A baseball team's game with co-workers from my other part-time job, working for my husband's business.  We had a suite with dinner provided and it was nice with fireworks after the game.  My name even made it on the Jumbotron, which I did not expect!  Also, as I sat in my seat, I had a view of the infamous St. Jude Hospital in one direction and Le Bonheur's Children's Hospital in another view.  It was not lost on me how thankful I was to be sitting there, with one of my daughters with me, while families are sitting in those hospitals with many sick kids.  
We all got hats included with our suite!
Hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, cheese dip, brownies, cookies, popcorn, soda and waters were included for dinner.
Below, you can see a heart on the buidling in the distance, which is Le Bonheur Children's Hospital.  
It is hard to see, but in the picture below, the building in the distance is St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Sunday morning, we went to church, ordered pizza afterwards, and I took the afternoon to rest.  

Wishing you all a happy Monday!

Linking up with Heather



3 comments:

  1. Having sensory overload is a perfect depiction of being at a football game. I've never heard that before, but I can totally relate! Sounds like you had a great weekend...and what a fun night at the Redbirds game! My hubby and youngest son were there last weekend and Todd was hit in the face by a baseball...thankfully nothing was broken, but he bled all over the place and continued to ooze for 24 hours after the fact. He thought his nose was broken, or that teeth were knocked out, but thankfully that wasn't the case. Yikes! Have a great day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT is a busy weekeend! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy weekend! My son just came home from his first day of school and told me they had an assembly about homecoming so it sounds like football season is going to happen here this year too. He's pretty excited about having some school functions to attend as there wasn't anything happening his freshman year.

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...