Thursday, October 28, 2021

Monthly Musings ~ October

 Today I am joining up with Patty and Holly for the October Monthly Musings.

1.  What are your Halloween traditions?

The past few years, we have gone to a friends house for trick or treating and snacks.  Typically, I make chili and cornbread for dinner that night/weekend.  When the girls were little, we loved dressing up and trick or treating in our neighborhood.

2.  Favorite fall activities?

There are many that sound great, but honestly, I don't really participate in them.  Somehow, especially without having little kids at home, the season just gets away from me.  I wanted to go to a corn maze this year, but it isn't open.  I love the idea of buying/painting pumpkins & a hayride, which are some things we did when my girls were younger.

3.  Favorite fall recipe?

This is my favorite fall recipe....Chocolate chip pumpkin bread! I actually do make some substitutions to make it a little healthier.....I use applesauce instead of oil, I use sugar free chocolate chips and I use a substitute for white and brown sugar and use lite orange juice.  It is still a very tasty breakfast or snack and the substitutions save a few calories along the way :).

4.  What beverage makes you think of fall?

Hot chocolate!

5.  Favorite fall fashion staples?

Boots and cardigans are my favorite fall fashion staples.

6.  Do you decorate for fall?  Halloween?  Both?

Primarily, I just decorate for fall.  For October, I do set out black placemats, but that is as far as the Halloween decor goes for me.  Here are some pictures from this year....
And here is the switch of my placemats...

7.  Bonfire? Cornmaze? or Hayride?

I like all 3 of these! 

8.  Apple pie or apple cider?

I like apples, but would graciously decline on either of these apple flavored items.

9.  Favorite type of apple?

I typically purchase Gala apples, but also enjoy the Honeycrisp.  I do try to have apples on hand and we eat them most days.

10.  What are your Thanksgiving tradtions?

We are going to be home this year for the first time in 4 years and are looking forward to it.  We honestly don't have any big plans though.  I'm sure we will do something with my family here.  In the past few years, we have spent the holiday with my in-laws, which is always fun, and then we spent one year just the 4 of us in Helen, Georgia. 


The first tradition that comes to mind, other than eating turkey, is watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  I am looking forward to the downtime with both my girls home.

Thanks for reading along and always a fun link-up!

4 comments:

  1. Your fall decor is so pretty and I can't wait for Thanksgiving traditions again this year- hope it is a great one for you and your family- thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fall decorations! Looks very homey and inviting:) Thanks for the recipe. I tried a pumpkin bread (with chocolate chips, even) earlier this season...which was a dud. So, eager to try again! Maybe even this afternoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate chip pumpkin bread is my favorite too. Thanks for linking up with us today.

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely finding that as the kids get older there is less seasonal things that we do together; especially for fall with them outgrowing trick or treating, not wanting to do corn mazes and hay rides and all those other "fall" activities we did when they were younger.

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...