Thursday, January 27, 2022

Monthly Musings ~ January

It is January's Monthly Musing conversation about Love and Valentine's Day in anticipation of the holiday just around the corner.


Linking up with Holly and Patty today
1.  Favorite Valentine's Memory?

I just have sweet memories of celebrating with my kids at home.  For us, the day was just made up of the little things.

2. Chocolate, Flowers, Both?

I could go both!  

3.  Favorite Romantic Date?

I remember my first married Valentine's Day making a heart shaped cheesecake.  It's been a long time since I've done that, but I still have that pan, so maybe one year in the future.  A romantic date now is something that is thought out on his own, personal and just spending time together.

4. Any Valentine's Traditions with Kids?

Like I mentioned, this was a day made up of the little things.  I gave my girls small gifts and we would have some candy and bake a Valentine dessert.  We usually had heart shaped food throughout the day! Here's a throwback picture....probably 13 years ago or so.

5.  How Do You Show Love?

I show love by actions....helping people since I am an Enneagram 2!

6. Do You Decorate for Valentine's Day?

Why yes, I do!  I think I decorate for almost every holiday :).  My plan is to work on that this weekend & will post pictures next week.

7. Do You Wear Red or Pink on Valentine's Day?

I would probably lean more pink, but would wear either color.  As of now, I have no Valentine's Day outfit in mind.  I have been looking for some cute Valentine earrings in the stores, but will probably just get some from Amazon.

8. Valentine's Day - Big Deal or Small Remembrance?

It was (I use past tense in thinking of when my girls were younger)/is more of a small remembrance in the fact that we didn't go out on this day.  But, we did try to make it a big deal at home with a gift and a special meal I would cook at home.

9.  Favorite Ideas for School Valentine's Parties?

My girls were homeschooled (until my youngest started high school), but they were part of co-op groups.  They would have a small Valentine exchange with friends.  One year, my daughter who has a February birthday, had a Valentine themed party.  I relied on Oriental Trading for all my craft ideas!

10.  Have You Ever Had a Secret Admirer?
 
Nope

5 comments:

  1. What a fun idea- a Valentine Bday Party theme- love it- I remember being in elementary school and a friend had one of those and I never forgot it- I LOVED it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute picture of your girls! It's fun to celebrate in small ways and make the people we care about feel special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a Valentine's themed birthday party could be so fun! And I would love a heart shaped cheesecake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that you mention it I used to have a couple of heart shaped pans; cake pan, springform pan, etc. and I have no idea where they went! What a fun idea to have a Valentine themed birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny that most of us show love by acts of service. I love that you included your Enneagram number. I am a 3 and I think I have a 2 wing. Thank you for joining us!

    Patty
    GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...