Monday, January 17, 2022

Weekend Wrap-Up: Easy/Delicious Homemade Bread Recipe! ~ January 17, 2022

 

Hello Monday.  Hope you are all enjoying this long weekend.  Today, I am sharing a little about our weekend.  


Friday night, I made spaghetti and our favorite family homemade bread recipe.  This is a super easy recipe, but it isn't a last minute prep.  It only takes a few minutes to prep the dough, but it will take several hours for the bread to rise.  Here it is if you are looking for a delicious, homemade bread!


8 oz room temperature water

1 ½ tsp rosemary

1-2 cloves garlic

3 Tbsp olive oil

3 cups bread flour

1 tsp salt

1 ¾ tsp yeast (I used a packet of the rapid rise yeast)

Measure all ingredients in mixing bowl (I use my KitchenAid).  Knead until it forms into a dough ball.  Pat dough into a 9 X 13 dish (or round cake pans) and cover for rising.  Let rise until dough doubles in bulk.  Lightly punch down with the end of a spoon (to make small indentations).  Brush dough with olive oil and sea salt and bake at 400 until top just turns brown (about 20 min).  

Best served with this Olive Oil Bread Dip:

1/2 c. olive oil

2 tsp sea salt

1 tsp pepper

2 Tbps grated parmesan

2 tsp rosemary

After dinner, we watched Being the Ricardos on Amazon.  The true story is hard and was a little sad.

Saturday, with the exception of an early morning run to the grocery store, I stayed in all day doing a few things around the house and also watched a Hallmark movie.  Saturday night, we watched the movie Fences.  We didn't know much about it, but it too was a sad movie and hard to watch.

Sunday morning, we woke up to a few inches of snow.  However, it was nice it didn't shut down the town and we were still able to get out on the roads.  We went to church and the drive was so pretty.  The trees were beautiful.  It was also so good to be reminded of God's promises through His word, His people and His creation.


I had made a chicken and corn soup for lunch in the slow cooker.  It was great to come home to and is full of chicken and vegetables.  Later in the afternoon, my husband and I took a walk around our lake and through the woods in our neighborhood.

Instead of watching another sad movie at night about marriages, I watched a few episodes of Seinfeld for some laughs!  

Thankful for some downtime this weekend and hope you are all staying warm!

Linking up with Holly and Sarah

7 comments:

  1. That bread looks like the bread at Macaroni Grille I used to love! I'm always so impressed when people say they made bread. That's a nice weekend! I really love your neighborhood and home. I know I say that all the time, but your home reminds me of the home I grew up in that my stepdad drew the plans for. I still think he designed your home as well, because he had a trademark look to all of his homes. My weekend was nice and very low key...so much so that I didn't even write about it, because all I did was stay home and watch a show on Netflix! We also went to church yesterday and I was glad our services weren't canceled. Have a great day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you needed a light comedy after those other shows! The snow is just beautiful. Looks like you got the best of winter weather without the hassle of power outages etc. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow is pretty- glad it made everything look nice but didn't cancel events. Thanks for posting the soup and bread recipe. I believe I have everything for the soup so I think I will make it for dinner tonight and I might even tackle making the bread. It is cold and snowy here so soup and bread sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bread looks amazing and that soup sounds perfect! Thank you for sharing and thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bread looks fabulous; I bet it would be good with the chicken/corn soup too. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bread looks amazing and how wonderful is the snow!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't understand sad movies - people must enjoy them because they sure do make a lot of them! Give me a happy, feel-good movie.....even a funny one (although I really do not have much of a sense of humor!) Your bread looks amazing. I might give it a try. Yeast and I usually do not get along well....sigh.

    ReplyDelete

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...