Friday, February 11, 2022

Friday Favorites ~ February 11, 2022

Well, happy Friday and I hope it's been a good week for you all!  Since Sunday, I have thought every night, I need to get it together to make a post, and well, you see how that has gone.  It has been an extremely busy week for me and I have honestly just spent most of the week physically, emotionally and mentally so tired.

However, here I am with some favorites, all of which happened last weekend.


Last week, like so many of you, we were out school due to ice and power outages.  Thankfully, we just lost power for a few hours.  We had plans already to leave town for the weekend and were able to host some friends, who didn't have power, to stay at our home while we were gone.

Friday afternoon, we headed to see our college girl. I ate no less than 20 handfuls of Valentines Chex mix!! I adapted this recipe here.

When we arrived at her house, there were probably around 20 people there for a birthday dinner in her honor.  We knew most of the people, but it always fun to meet new people in her life.
There was good food and dessert in honor of her 21st birthday the next day.
I am so thankful for her friends!  As a mom, I couldn't ask for her to be surrounded by better people.  This group gives me hope for the next generation.
These 2 guys are 2 of her best friends who attend different colleges and drove to see her for the weekend to help celebrate her birthday.  We met these guys and their families about 10 years ago through church and still go to church with their families.  They are such great young men.
We played several games.
And there was some dancing to latino music.
Dancing with her father on the eve of her 21st
And with her sister too!
These are her roommates....again, I couldn't ask for anyone better.
We stayed at her house Friday night and then at a hotel Saturday night.  We had a family breakfast Saturday and then we went with friends to lunch.
Seeing this group praying just was a sweet sight
Sunday morning, we went to church with her, which is where she works.  We hosted a pizza lunch for her friends back at her house then headed back on our drive home.

Happy 21st to my sweet firstborn!! So thankful to be her momma.

As far as the weekend goes, we have a special event at work, so it will be a busy one too.  
Enjoy yours and stay safe out there!

 

3 comments:

  1. What a great weekend and time with her and her friends! They do seem like a bunch of extraordinary young adults. I love the one you caught of them praying! I've missed you in blog world, so it was good to see your post today. I hope your week has been good, my friend! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful weekend celebrating your daughter's milestone birthday! It looks like you guys had a great time. She is indeed fortunate to have a great group of friends with whom to celebrate. I hope your weekend work event goes well and that you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful weekend celebrating! It looks like your daughter had a fabulous birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...