Thursday, June 2, 2022

Cruise 2022 ~ Day 1 & 2

Good morning!  Starting off now with about a week's worth of cruise posts....

Sunday morning, after breakfast at a cafe in Miami, we boarded our ship.  I was so relieved to finally be on board.  There was a sense of relief when we made it to Miami in time the night before and then being cleared to get on board provided another relief.  I had my first Covid test a few days before the cruise and thankfully, our family was all negative so we were set to board.
Taking a picture of the deck before it got too crowded! 
On our last day at sea, we did both of the waterslides pictured below.
This was our room.  We had 2 adjoining rooms with balconies.  I have been on cruises before, but now, I am not sure I would want to go back to not having a balcony.  It was so nice.
These were our doors to our home away from home.
Every morning, this was my basic routine.....Sunscreen, foundation with more sunscreen,eyeliner, mascara, and eyebrow brush.  At night, I would add a little more updating before dinner, but my day routine was basic and just to protect my skin from the sun.
Tell me you're going on a cruise without saying you're going on a cruise :)
I got very light headed on my last cruise, so needless to say, I came prepared this time!  Thankfully, I did not feel sick on this trip. 
The sail away party is always lively on a Carnival cruise!
Ready to sail away and say goodbye to work, school, and internet for the week!

Our first day at sea was our 24th anniversary.  It was a leisurely day on the boat, which included lots of food and I took a Thriller dance class.  Basically, the decisions I made all last week were about food and what to eat next.

This was our cruise elegant night in the dining room.  
Afterwards, we went to hear a comedian on board.
Each night, we would find an animal towel on our bed.

We adjusted quickly to ship life and our port day adventures are coming up on the next posts.

Enjoy your day!




3 comments:

  1. Great pictures of you and your family on the cruise. The food looks good and those slides look like SO MUCH FUN! Looking forward to reading more about the cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think deciding on which lounge chair and what to eat next sound like the perfect vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated anniversary! Sounds like a great way to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...