Happy Wednesday! Before I dive into cruise recaps, I am joining up with Anne for the monthly currently series. The topics this month are celebrating, giving, taking, trying, and wearing.
Celebrating
Last month, we celebrated Brook's graduation.
This month, we are doing some belated celebrating. Last week was our wedding anniversary while we were on our cruise, but we want to go out to dinner at home sometime this month to celebrate.
My mom turned 80 last week too and we are going to celebrate her birthday next week with family.
Giving
I am giving myself space to process disappointments and be reminded of scripture promises. I am so thankful for all the celebrating and cruising, but life still throws some hard stuff and I am trying to get in a healthier place to process.
Taking
Unfortunately, I am taking tylenol around the clock because I took a Covid test yesterday and it was positive. I had chills and a headache the night before, woke up still with a headache, had a fever and then decided I better take a test instead of going to work. So, I am taking the week to stay at home, other than a walk around the neighborhood. Maybe I will go on a drive, but with the price of gas, it is harder to go on a leisurely drive alone!
Trying
While on our cruise, I tried paddleboarding for the first time. I started by sitting, then kneeling and actually stood up twice and fell once.
I also tried snorkeling. I had tried this once before, but had never stayed in the water for more than a few seconds.
I also tried a ropes course on the cruise ship, however, I didn't make it all the way. However, I did try the bike track around the ship!
Wearing
Since I am home all week, I am in pajama/leisure wear. Otherwise, I am wearing dresses to work and wore dresses last week 5 days in a row when going to dinner on the cruise.
On a side note, the cruise was still worth it, even though I have come down with Covid. Thankfully, my symptoms are very mild and I haven't had fever since yesterday morning.

Sorry you are sick...but, wow, you really accomplished a lot on that cruise. I'm impressed. Hopefully, this week will give you time to reset, unwind and savor the memories made on your vacation. So much you are celebrating lately!!:) Feel well soon!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like an exciting cruise! Sorry you're not feeling well though - hope it passes quick.
ReplyDeleteLauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net
Way to go on trying all those new things on the cruise. I hope you feel better soon. It seems that I am hearing of lots of covid cases right now. Sorry to hear about the disappointments. Those can be hard to process when you're trying to have a positive outlook. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteThe cruise looks like it was a lot of fun! I tried paddle boarding for the first time a couple of years ago. It was ok- I was definitely not a natural! Snorkeling sounds like a fun adventure. I'm sorry that you picked up Covid and aren't feeling well. Hopefully you are on the mend and will feel better quickly.
ReplyDeleteThe cruise looks like so much fun, and I'm glad you had so much to celebrate! Sorry you are dealing with covid now, but hopefully you'll be over it quickly.
ReplyDelete