It is Friday! And it is hot. I don't mind the heat from time to time, but the consistency of heat makes one stay indoors as much as possible. However, I did get some time outside on a quick trip to Cincinnati this past week. It had been 30 years probably since I had been there. I liked it then and still find it to be a nice town.
There were so many murals around town.
Went to see the Reds play the Mets....the Reds lost, but it was good to be back at a MLB game
The next day started with a delicious breakfast from a place called Taste of Belgium. I love a Belgium waffle....and fries too, but I went with the waffle and omelet.
This picture below explains how they think the Earth is approximately 6000 years old.
The museum was followed up with Cincinnati chili.
The next day was a visit to the Ark Encounter. It is an actual size replica of Noah's Ark that you can walk through and see how the animals and Noah and his family lived. It was also well done and the construction aspect of it is quite impressive.
On the way home, this was a unique restaurant in Lexington where we had lunch.






















What a great trip!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had a good time in Cincinnati! It's been years since I've been to the Creation Museum. I want to go back! We went to the Ark Encounter last summer. Neat place! I can't stand Skyline Chili but so many people here love it, including two of my kids ;). I hope you have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI've heard lots of wonderful things about the Ark encounter and the Creation Museum!
ReplyDeleteI would love to visit the Noah's ark. I agree about the heat - we are in the 100's this weekend and it is unbearable. I had a laugh when I saw your Belgian breakfast - we randomly found a Belgian waffle shop in Pittsburgh and had to stop. It was owned by a Belgian man and so delicious. Michael lived there as a child, so it brings back lots of memories for him as well as our trip there when we were in UK. Have a good weekend.
ReplyDelete