Monday, November 28, 2022

Hello Monday ~ Thanksgiving Weekend 2022

 Happy Monday and hope you all enjoyed the long holiday weekend.  Oh how I wish we had another day with not much going on, but it is back to the list of things to be done on this Monday.

My oldest came home Tuesday evening and after a quick dinner of grilled cheeses, a family favorite, we headed to see the Grizzlies play basketball.  We have become Grizzlies NBA fans and it is fun to watch them play live.  It is more fun when they win, which they didn't this time unfortunately, but we did get to see one of the best players in the league though, Ja Morant.

We stopped by the grandest hotel of the south, The Peabody.  When my girls were younger, we always went during the Christmas season and took pictures.  We were dressed for the basketball game, but didn't miss the opportunity while we were downtown.

Wednesday, my brother and his family came in town.  They won't be here for Christmas, so we enjoyed hanging out at my sister's house.  Here are the 4 youngest cousins.

Eden spent the night with us and it was so fun to wake up and see the signs of life at my kitchen table....wrappers, a deck of cards, glasses.

I had the parade on TV in the background, but honestly didn't get to watch a lot of it due to cooking.  However, I did stop to watch my favorite, The Lion King.  This opening number is the best 5 minute opening number on Broadway, with the tap dance number of 42nd Street being a close second.
We had lunch at my parents house then went to see my niece's new house being built.  Here I am with my 2 girls.
Sweetest cousins
My brother, sister and I
Most of the family on my side :)
My great niece in her Christmas PJ's later in the evening coming to show me something.
And holding the youngest one

Friday, I got out with my girls mid-day to go to a few stores.  There were long lines, but it wasn't too bad.  I did a lot of shopping online too over the weekend and have most of Christmas gifts purchased.  Now to sort through all the packages when they arrive!  This picture popped up in memories from back in 2011 when I took my oldest with me to Target at midnight for shopping.  She still remembers this as being one of her favorite childhood memories.
Saturday, my husband gave my girls a lesson in changing a tire.

We found old Christmas episodes of The Brady Bunch and Family Ties and watched those while we decorated the Christmas tree. (I will share more pictures of this later).

Saturday night, we went to dinner with friends and then church on Sunday & lunch for the 4 of us at our favorite local pizza place.  Now off to a hopefully a good week ahead!










9 comments:

  1. I know you loved having the girls at home! I like what you said about seeing "signs of life"...I know that was a blessed thing that you woke up to. I melted a little over the pics of you with your great nieces! That little one you held was just kind of melted into you, wasn't she? So precious! I'm so glad you had a great week/weekend. I still want to get together for dinner soon! I have plans tomorrow night to help decorate my church, but we should chat soon. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing weekend surrounded by your girls and family- you are really blessed! That hotel looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful family! Love all the pictures- including the table with signs of kids’ activities! How fun that you guys went to a basketball game and The Peabody. I hope you have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just saw The Lion King on Broadway in March and it was SOOOO GOOD!!! The opening number gave me chills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that huge family photo! We are pretty bad remembering to take photos. I haven't thought of that Brady Bunch episode in forever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you got to enjoy a great time with your family. And Christmas at The Peabody is absolutely beautiful! 😍 I happened to be able to attend a conference there right before Thanksgiving a few years ago and they started decorating and it was amazing to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice weekend! I love your outfit on Thanksgiving. And, the "signs of life" is so true. I loved that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice to have the girls there - and to have such a big group to share Thanksgiving with! Looks like a great weekend....here's to a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know just what you mean about seeing the signs of life on the kitchen table. It was so nice for our house to have that "lived in" feeling. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...