Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Christmas Week Menu ~ 2022

 Today I am sharing my Christmas menu, along with a few other random goodies we are eating this week.  I have so many recipes I want to try and I hope to cook a lot of desserts this week and next too. I do work 3 days this week, so we will see how much of this I actually do!  If not, I will cook some of this between Christmas and New Years. 


I'm not sure of exactly which day/order I will cook these items.  One night, I hope we can go out to eat as a family then go look at Christmas lights and I have plans one night, so the family will probably eat grilled cheese, which is always a crowd pleaser.  

I plan on trying this new recipe for a pork loin with potatoes.  
Along side the pork and potatoes, I will cook black eyed peas (which neither of my girls eat, but it is what is in the freezer), and these Rosemary dinner rolls, which look good and sound pretty easy to make. 

The next recipe I hope to try is this festive Cranberry Chicken.  Doesn't it look pretty?
With that, I am going to make a macaroni and cheese kit I bought at Williams & Sonoma and serve this with a salad.

One night, we will plan on an easy breakfast for dinner meal, including pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs and fruit.

Christmas Eve, I will bring some veggies and a dessert to our family gathering.  I am not sure what we will do for dinner that night.  Last year, we went to a Christmas Eve service and realized when that is over, it is hard to find food anywhere so this year I need to plan ahead.  I am thinking of possibly just having some chips and our favorite queso and guacamole along with some other snacks.

Christmas Day night, I always make spaghetti while we watch our Christmas movie.  This year, I may switch it up a little bit and keeping with the pasta theme, but changing it to chicken pesto pasta & this bread.

Now on to desserts!

Last weekend, I was craving sweets (just a normal day for me) & made these brownies.
I used a sugar free brownie mix, but then I added in about a cup of these chocolate chips with cream cheese flavor and a cup and a half of Christmas M&M's.  They tasted delicious!

I have been wanting to make this recipe for a Chocolate Pecan Chess Pie and plan to bring this to our Christmas Eve lunch.  

For Christmas morning, I will bring these Red Velvet cookies to our brunch.  I will add a cup of those Hershey's white chocolate chips with cream cheese to the cookies. That powdered sugar sure adds a pretty look!


I am thinking of making these Pretzel/Rolo/M&M's favorite for Christmas morning brunch too. I may not add the sprinkles like is pictured below...depends on what I have on hand!

If I am not too desserted out at this point, I would like to try this Keto Cheesecake. Maybe I will do this for New Years.

For our Christmas brunch, I am thinking of bringing these two things, along with my desserts:



Last random thing to share...a few weeks ago I went to Trader Joe's and bought the Jingle Jangle.  Let me just say, it is delicious.  I am glad it is seasonal, becuase this would not be good for me to have this in my house year round!  If you haven't tried it though, it is worth the hype.

How is your menu different these next few weeks of holidays? 






















4 comments:

  1. ...and now I'm hungry! This all looks amazing, but the rolls in the shape of a Christmas tree? Sign me up. I love all the breads! I'm going to try the zero sugar brownies for my hubby! Thanks for sharing these great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good and timely post! First, I'm going to try the pork recipe. Tomorrow, when the pork is thawed. I was wondering how the zero sugar brownies tasted when I saw the box in the store. I will probably buy them after hearing from you that you liked them. I used to make the red velvet cookies from a red velvet cake mix but haven't done it in years. Now I'm thinking about making some. Lastly, I have heard of Jingle Jangle but it never seemed that appealing to me (just because I didn't know what was in it) and then from the picture of the inside of the tin, I know it's something that I would love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny; great minds think alike I guess. I shared our Christmas Brunch menu today on my blog too. But that's the only meal I really planned out this week as my husband and older son have Christmas parties at work and Christmas Eve we go to my mom's house and have snacks and take out pizza. Christmas afternoon/ evening we were invited to my mother in laws... so I'm thinking brunch is pretty much all I need to make! All your foods sound so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...