Thursday, December 29, 2022

Monthly Musings ~ December 2022


Good morning.  I am linking up with Holly and Patty for Monthly Musings talking about our New Year's Goals for 2023.

1.  Resolutions or goals

I usually don't have a long list of resolutions.  That being said, I feel like I am always waking up with a goal to do life better than the day before.

2.  Exercise goals

I would like to exercise more consistently and reign in on my snacking now that the holidays are behind me.  I'm hoping I can get back on track in January before we have a family birthday in February and Valentine's Day.

3. Personal/Professional goals

I want to continue counseling for a personal goal to help process emotions and reactions.  Professionally, I hope to work more hours as I increase some responsibilities at work.  I am hoping to get a little more organized as well with my monthly duties.

4. Planner

I do like a paper planner, but as much as I have tried to use paper, I just add everything to my calendar on my phone.  I don't use any calendar app, just the calendar that comes with the phone.  I have found that it the easiest system for me.

5. Word

I don't usually do this, but I am declaring this year my word is listen.  Just listen.  I need to listen to my people.  I need to listen to myself.  I need to listen to the Lord speak to me. 

6. Ring in New Year

I have no plans, but I usually watch some of the NYC countdown and stay up until midnight.

7. New Year's Day

New Year's Day will be probably more of the same of this week....cleaning, organizing, watching tv, and cooking.  I will probably cook ham, black eyed peas and cornbread.

8. Travel plans

So far, my plans are minimal so far for 2023, outside of visiting family.  I will go visit my in-laws in January and my oldest daughter in February.  

9. Looking forward to

My oldest will graduate from college this year.  I honestly don't have any other big things, but I am glad to see a new year come. 

10. Bowl games

I'm sure there will be some bowl games on the tv & will watch some of the games. 

This is such a fun post and I hope to do a 2022 recap tomorrow.



 

6 comments:

  1. Love these goals! Keep us updated on how you do. I plan to try to get back to much healthier eating until V Day, too. I also want to get back to more morning gym consistency!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Exciting changes for your family coming up ;). I hope your daughter's last semester of college goes well. It goes by so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow; I can't believe your oldest is already graduating college! I think I often set daily or weekly goals too so I don't think of implementing any huge ones at the start of the year. We have a few birthdays in January and I'm already trying to plot how to make them healthy meals! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you said that you wake up with the goal to do life better than the day before. This is so great and something that I will keep in mind to do. All the best to your daughter as she graduates from college. Doesn't time fly by so fast. I bet it only feels like yesterday that she started. Wishing you all the very best for 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's amazing that your oldest will graduate this year! Was she class of 2020 and finished early? For some reason, I thought she was in the same "grade" as my daughter. I am the same way with the phone calendar. I always want to use a pretty paper planner, but then go back to the online calendar eventually! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us! I am with you on trying to cut down on the snacking. I am such a snacker. Happy New Year!

    Patty
    GoodBetterBestFood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...