Wednesday, December 28, 2022

What's Up Wednesday ~ December 2022

 Hi blog friends.  I know some blogging is hit or miss this week, but I still wanted to do this post to see a recap of December.  

What we're eating this week........
Monday - sirloin steak bites, leftover sides
Tuesday - salmon, leftover sides
Wednesday - hamburgers
Thursday - soup

And praying for inspiration for the next few days after that!

What I'm reminsicing about..........
My girls and I went to New York City a few weeks ago and it was great.  It was a short trip, but we hit the highlights we wanted to do. We went during the week, flying home on a Saturday, so we the crowds were still manageable.  I have been reading about how crowded the city is at Christmastime.

What I'm loving...........
I loved having both girls home for a week.  My oldest has gone back since she has New Years plans.  

What we've been up to.............
We have spent time playing cards, watching basketball & movies, slowly working a puzzle and eating!

What I'm dreading...........
My youngest will go back to college soon and oh those so longs again won't be fun. 

What I'm working on................
I am working on putting away most of Christmas decor and transitioning to more winter.  There are a lot of my Christmas decorations that I keep out until February.  Since I don't put it all up at one time, I can do this fairly quickly.  This was the year that most of my lights went out on my tree and also outside lights as well.  We have an artificial tree, but bought it without lights.  I strung lights on it 4 years ago and removed them all yesterday.  Half of the lights were out and I will buy new lights for next year and start fresh then.

What I'm excited about.............
I am hoping to get some stacks of papers in my guest room organized to clear some paper clutter.  I feel like it will help to start my new year with less clutter of any kind!

What I'm watching/reading............
I just finished watching 1883 and now will start 1923.  I still have Christmas movies I recorded, but not sure if I will spend January watching them slowly or not. I saw an older movie, The Family Man (from 2000) and also watched The Glass Onion on Netflix, which is the sequel to Knives Out.

What I'm listening to.............
I am listening to a few podcast and hope to be caught up before they all start back up next week.  

What I'm wearing.........
All the leggings and sweatshirts due to all the food and cold weather.

What I'm doing this weekend.............
I am going to a birthday party for my great nephew turning 1 year old.  Other than that, I will keep doing some of the same things of my week....cleaning and organizing!

What I'm looking forward to next month...........
I will be able to spend time next week with one my best friends who lives out of town.  We will sit and probably talk for hours!

What else is new............
Like the rest of the country, we had a cold Christmas and some snow.  I do like it when Christmas is cold, but not the frigid temperatures where we are on guard about pipes bursting 24/7.  I do love seeing snow fall, even if it is just a little


Wishing you all a low key, good day!


4 comments:

  1. I know that you loved having your girls home and all the family time you were able to spend together. It sounds like you have been up to some fun things together. I hear you on the clutter and paperwork. It's a goal of mine to get a better handle on some of my things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a cold Christmas too but it sounds like things were super cold where you are. Hope things warm up to a manageable winter for you soon.

    Patty
    Goodbetterbestfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful snowy pictures and glad to hear no pipes actually burst! I really loved 1883 but so far I am not getting into 1923 as much. I'm hoping it will grow on me. I did love The Glass Onion though. I'm still staring at my decorations and planning on taking them down but not actually up to taking them down just yet. LOL. Normally I have everything put away by now but I'm really procrastinating this year. Hope you and your daughter have lots of fun before she heads back to school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow on the lamppost is just so Christmas-y!!:) Hope you are enjoying this week - good for you getting a start on putting away the Christmas decor. I would like to start but my hubby really enjoys it up a bit longer!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...