Thursday, December 22, 2022

O Christmas Tree!

I am wrapping up this Christmas week with a look at our tree.  When I went back to work 4 years ago, we bought an artificial tree for the first time in our marriage, with the exception of a borrowed tree we used while living in South America.  I realized while working, I couldn't keep up with another thing, so we bought this tree and I haven't looked back.  I bought it without lights and have strung my own lights.  We have a place in our house to store our tree upright, so I keep it there with the lights on it.  A few lights did go out this year, so this is the first year I will need to replacde a strand.  
Our Herrod's ornament from London
The elephant ornament was a gift from a friend in Thailand
Our bear from Glacier National Park
This wooden bear is one from my childhood.  Below that is one from the Pioneer Woman's Mercantile.
Below is another London ornament and an Elvis ornament.
A shiny Eiffel Tower!
I have several NYC ornaments, but this is my newest one I bought during my most recent trip.
I drink Diet Cokes or Coke Zeros whenever I drink a soda and Isabella bought this for me this year. It is sparkly and fun!
Brook knows my love of Buc-ees and she bought me this one below.  Above that is the ornament from my first year married in 1998.
I recently like to buy the girls an ornament each year.  For Isabella, I bought her one with a wine and cheese board since she turned 21 this year.  She has that with her, so I don't have a picture of it.  However, this is the ornament I got for Brook since she graduated from high school.

I have this small tree on my kitchen counter which has ornaments from Colombia and Peru.
In my dining room window, I have this small tree with some colorful ornaments.

May your home be filled with rejoicing whether you are feeling weary or strong this Christmas season.

Merry Christmas friends!

"A thrill of hope, a weary world rejoices"





 

4 comments:

  1. I love your trees! And all those beautiful ornaments...I am such a sentimental person, so I love it when the ornaments and tree mean something. I already miss mine after I take it down next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trees are beautiful. I spy a few London ornaments I need for my tree. ;) That is so convenient that you can store the whole tree upright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely trees! I enjoyed seeing your ornaments and hearing some of the meaning behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your trees are all so pretty! I love the Diet Coke blinged out ornament though I prefer Coke Zero to Diet so would love a Coke Zero one ;)

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...