Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Currently ~ August 2023

Happy Wednesday and August!  I am joining with Jennifer for this month's currently series.
Loving
I am loving that I was able to spend some face to face time with my best friend last week.  She came in town from Charlotte to help her daughter move from Memphis to Boston.  
Bonus for me, helping her move included cleaning out her fridge and taking any food she had.  I brought all of this home from her house and served it for dinner last Wednesday night. It was chicken sausage, onions and peppers and hasbrown potatoes.


Looking forward to
I am looking to fall!  I saw this candy corn display last week at the grocery store.  I know this is not everyone's favorite source of pure sugar, but I love it.  I try to get just one bag a season to fulfill this craving.  Truth, I actually think I like them mixed with pumpkins better.  I feel like once the back to school items clear out in a few weeks, Halloween candy will be in full force displays!

I am also looking forward to visiting my oldest daughter in a few weeks.  I haven't been to Chattanooga since Easter weekend, but have seen her twice since then.

Starting
 
I am starting a new chapter of cable by streaming Hulu TV + Live.  We have had Xfinity for the past 6 years.  After a week of some major issue and the stories with their agents, I had reached my limit.  I am learning how to navigate through all of these new streaming venues.

Thinking

I am probably over thinking most things, yet other things really need more of my attention.  As my therapist told me last year, be careful of creating scenarios in your head!  Meanwhile, I do get distracted sometimes in areas of life and need to pay more attention.  Of course, I will say, I think getting good sleep helps in all of these areas....overthinking and being too tired/distracted. It is amazing what sleep will do help our thinking!

Wearing
I am wearing dresses most days.  I said at the beginning of the summer I wouldn't buy any new dresses, but I keep finding good deals.  I actually have one coming in the mail today from Amazon.  Here I am from this past Sunday in a dress that belonged to one of my daughters.

I am off to spend time with my greats today, so it should be a fun morning!






6 comments:

  1. Cute blue dress! So fun about seeing your best friend face to face. I have been noticing the beginning of Halloween candy in stores as well. I guess it's almost the season. I like candy corn (and pumpkins!) as well. I like them paired with pretzels. The salt and sugar combo is really tasty. Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to see your best friend! I know you loved that time with her, and yay for bonus groceries! That dress is so cute on you- I love the wedges with it as well. I hope you have fun with the littles today! I wish I could see all of mine soon, I was thinking about them all yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great you were able to visit with your best friend in person. Always nice! I'm also excited for Fall and Halloween. It's my favorite time of the year.

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love candy corn too! I can't believe all the fall items are already hitting the store. I bet you'll like Hulu+ once you get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful dress! I kept saying I wouldn't buy any more summer clothes but then did... all summer long! LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...