Good morning. Life came at me hard last week, so here I am wrapping up the previous weekend, with a little bit of this past weekend. I do miss this space, but y'all, I am tired at night and just don't get to writing as much as I want to usually.
My oldest daughter has been in transition with her living accommodations these past few months. She is at the age where friends are graduating and moving on, getting married, etc. She has finished 4 years of college, but still has a few classes left to take before she graduates. Thankfully though, she does have a full time job!
It all fell together within a week or two, but thankfully, she found a place to live with roommates, although she doesn't really know them well at all. We think it will all work out though. We went to see her weekend before last to help her move in some things, trips to the hardware store and a trip to the grocery store. And of course, we went out to eat along the way. We also stopped in this nice hotel and discovered the prettiest lobby area with some cool furniture.
My firstborn adulting paying her own bills now!
Little sister who came and helped too
Along the drive home, I was captured by the beautiful sunset.
From someone who grew up in the Memphis area and Elvis was my first concert and I worked at Graceland as a tour guide during my summers from college, we had some fun with Elvis week that was in Memphis last week. August 16th was the 46th anniversary of Elvis' death. At a fairly new restaurant, they were having an Elvis impersonator entertain on this night, so we went to eat on the patio and it was fun! "Elvis" even gave me a scarf :).



I worked 3 days last week in the office and then I always do a little bit of remote work on the other 2 days. I do like those days I have some flexibility to do other things. I had lunch with a new friend Wednesday and Friday, Brook and I went to see my mom for a little bit, had lunch with my niece and her 2 daughters and then went shopping at Tanger. I may not have mentioned this before, but my dad is an anatomy professor and has taught medical school for my entire life. He is semi-retired, but is still doing some teaching. I don't ever remember going to my parents house and not finding an anatomy book sitting on the counter, table or couch. This day was not different. However, it was fun to see the 2 new books my dad has written. He has written several of these in the past that are used in the dissection lab for medical students.


Saturday, I spent the day at home doing some laundry, cleaning, mowing the grass and organizing. Saturday evening, my husband and I went to a local lake and paddleboarded and then got some yogurt afterwards.
Sunday morning, we watched Spain win the women's World Cup, visited a new church and then I did some more cleaning/organizing. I feel like every week I have a new stack of papers and a closet to re-organize.
There is an overview update of the last week and we will see what this week holds!
In the meantime, I am asking once again for some prayers.
Thank you blogging friends!
Linking up with
Holly and Sarah
Good to hear, er, read from you! OK, that is so cool about your dad. A professor? At a medical school? A published author? I am impressed!! And it's cool about your daughter finding a place to stay in a transition time. One big advantage of kids growing up is having them pay their own bills! Good luck to your daughter- it's a tough, expensive world out there as my son is discovering! Have a great Monday!
ReplyDeleteI was so glad to wake up and see that you'd posted today! I've missed you here. You know I'll be praying for you! I'm so glad your daughter got her living situation figured out. I know you're relieved as well! How did I miss on it being Elvis week last week? I hope we can still be friends. 🤣
ReplyDeleteCongrats to your daughter for growing up and learning to adult. I saw an Elvis impersonator once while visiting Pigeon Forge. It was fun and your guy looks like fun too! How cool that your dad is a professor and author. Adding you to my prayer list.
ReplyDeleteWow! You get alot done! Your daughter is so lucky to have you too :)
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like we were in the same boat, with all the help moving, setting up etc. That is awesome that your older daughter is "adulting" now and becoming independent. So interesting about your dad's profession. Continuing to pray for you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun hotel!! All the best to your "adult" daughter...doing all the things! Here's to a good year ahead for everyone!
ReplyDelete