Happy Thursday! I am linking up with Patty and Holly for the first Monthly Musings of 2024.
I try to keep my routines the same and take it day by day. I enjoy the cooler temperatures vs. the extreme hot. I feel like our winters are short lived, so I try not to rush it. That being said, when our city shuts down for a week due to snow, I am ready to see it go after a week!
2. How do you fight the winter blues?
The past few years we have gone on a short weekend trip to a new place to us that is within 3-5 hours.
3. Tips to make your living space cozy?
I still enjoy keeping white lights on above my fireplace, candles and lots of blankets on the couch. This winter, I even plugged up an electric blanket on the sofa because the den area is one of the coldest rooms of the house.
4. Suggestions for fun witnertime activities?
Ice skating! I think I would like to try this each winter now that I have done it the past 2 winters.
5. What are your exercise routines in the winter?
Sadly, it is not much of anything right now. I really need to get back on the treadmill and lift some hand weights.
6. Best tips for restful sleep?
Unfortunately, I am not a great sleeper. I feel like my mind races so much and I fight the enemy with thoughts in my head. A few nights a week, I do take an over the counter pill to help me sleep.
7. Favorite warm beverage?
My two warm beverages of choice are either hot tea or hot chocolate. I don't actually drink coffee :).
8. Best winter skin care tips?
I usually keep my same skin care routine, but I make sure I keep my skin moisturized well in the winter.
9. Flannel sheets - yes or no?
Yes. I usually keep flannel sheets on the bed from November - April.
10. Favorite winter pajamas?
I stay pretty warm when I sleep, so I don't sleep in super warm pajamas, but I did get a new pair of lightweight winter pajamas from Christmas which I like.
Hope your week is going well!
Those were fun topics! If I tried to ice skate, I would injure myself so badly! I have never been coordinated enough to be able to skate, either with rollers or with blades. I think it's great that it's something you enjoy, though. Nothing says winter quite like that!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your thoughts here. I used to ice skate and loved it, but it's been years now and I don't think I'd be willing to try it any more. Have you ever tried eating a handful of pistachios at night before bedtime. Pistachios are a good source of melatonin. I heard about that and I've found it usually does help me sleep better. Just a thought. Hope you have a great day!
ReplyDeleteI'm impressed that you can ice skate. I agree that our winter is mild and I don't want it to go too quickly.
ReplyDeleteGreat post! Love the idea of a weekend getaway in the winter.
ReplyDeleteAnother non- coffee drinker- there are more of them in blogland than I thought! A getaway is such a great idea. I like how you do several not so far away trips in addition to going places that are truly far away.
ReplyDeleteI use a heated throw when I work at home and probably should have one for the couch too. Thanks for sharing all of your winter self-care tips.
ReplyDeleteGoing on a quick winter trip is a great idea for chasing away the winter blues! something new and interesting to look forward to.
ReplyDeleteShort little trips are a great way to beat the winter blues! I can not seem to get the hang of ice skating anymore.. I used to ice skate a lot as a kid but trying to get back up on them as an adult has been so much harder than roller skating (which I've managed to do pretty frequently with my boys).
ReplyDeleteLove your tips and think I may just need to invest in a heated blanket!
ReplyDeleteI'm belated catching up on Monthly Musings. We need to get out skating this winter. The weather has been so warm it's been hard to find a time to skate outside, which is our preferred way to skate.
ReplyDelete