Wednesday, January 31, 2024

What's Up Wednesday ~ January 2024

 Can we all say amen to the last day of January?   Here is a recap of the month....


What I'm eating this week.......
Monday - dinner at a friend's house
Tuesday - I made the chicken recipe recommended by Jennifer last week.  I halved the recipe and put 3 chicken breast, 1 package of ranch dressing and a package of cream cheese in the slow cooker.  I served it with roasted potatoes, onions & bread.
Wednesday - BBQ tacos
Thursday - maybe breakfast food? 
Friday - weekend celebrating my daughter's birthday!

What I'm reminiscing about.....
Sometimes this question honestly makes me sad because I wish I could turn back time, but clearly I know that isn't possible.  I wish I could turn back time on the last 4 years.  I think I will stop reminiscing and go forward!

What I'm loving....
I am loving seeing the sun this week.  After a week of snow and then rain, the sun is welcomed!

What I've been up to.....
Surviving January....I have been working a little, but also feel like I have been home a lot after a week of being snowed in this month.

What I'm dreading....
I have some hard things going on in life right now, so sadly, I have many things.  I am trying to stay positive, but would love prayers for some encouragement to stay strong and keep going.

What I'm working on.....
I am making sourdough every week and currently making some plans for a spring trip!

What I'm watching/reading.....
I watched Fool Me Once and it was very interesting.  I finally caught up on all my Hallmark Christmas movies, but admitedly, there were a lot I started that didn't keep my interest until the end.  I also started watching season 2 of "The Way Home" on Hallmark.
I had heard a lot of about the book "How to Stay Married", so I read it last week and it was so well written.

What I'm listening to.....
I'm listening to sounds of the ocean when I sleep.  I am also listening to the Big Boo Podcast, Let's Read the Gospels, Our Time to Rise, Midlife Matters and a few other podcasts.

What I'm wearing....
A mix of everything it seems this week!
I wore a lot of sweatshirts and comfort clothes when I was home for a week.  Now I am back to dresses and sweaters/pants for my daily work routine.  This past Sunday, I borrowed a jacket from my college girl's collection of clothes.  I forget I can go to her closet and borrow a few things, ha! I wore this jacket over a black dress with wedges. I'm not great at these "mirror" pictures of outfits, which is why I don't share what I wear a lot in pictures.

What I'm doing this weekend.....
I am going to celebrate my oldest birthday and will get to see both girls!   

What I'm looking forward to next month....
I am looking forward to seeing both my girls.  It sometimes seems rare that I see them both at the same time outside of holidays.  That seems so strange to say.  

What else is new....
Not new, but I am thankful for this community and friends made!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for getting to see both girls this weekend! Will definitely be sending some prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also feel like I have been at home a lot this month...January felt long! Between getting sick, a freeze and a week of rain, I'm ready to get out of the house in some sunshine. I will be praying for your strength and resolve. It is so exciting to see both kids at the same time. We have always gone to visit the college kids once each semester, but this time we were not going to go since we will go for graduation in May. I decided I just couldn't wait, so we are going Easter weekend. :) Somehow I stopped subscribing to the Our Time to Rise podcast. I found it again and have been enjoying it.

    From my devotional today - I will pray this for you: Psalm 56:3 The Lord is my strength and my shield. My heart trusts in him and I am helped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy going into Abby´s closet and finding things for me wear in there! I like what you picked out from your daughter´s closet. I will keep you in my prayers. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to send you some encouragement. I know it’s hard to walk through hard things, especially if you have to wait a long time for things to change. I have no idea what’s going on, but please keep pressing on. Sending big hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...