Good morning and happy Monday! Here a few highlights from the weekend.
First, I am sharing a photo of my new great niece born last week. The new parents are tired, but doing well.
These are 2 new hair products I received last week. One is an instant root cover up for gray hair. Y'all, I am in my 50's and have never had my hair colored. I just discovered a few weeks ago a few gray hairs, so I bought this touch up. I always said I would embrace the gray when it came, but now I am more of the cover up the gray stage! I also bought some styling powder to help give my hair some lift.
I met a friend for lunch Friday at a newer, modern Mexican restaurant. We had the best chips with a flight of 3 types of salsa. We also both enjoyed a skinny margarita and chicken tortilla soup. It was all delicious!
A highlight of my weekend for sure was this next picture...
It had been over a year since I had done a video call with my dear friends who live in Brisbane, Australia. We met Edwin & Laura while living in Colombia, they got married and moved to Australia to continue their studies. Our family met Edwin 10 years ago and we always called him our Colombian son. I just smiled so much catching up with them, speaking a little spanish, and hearing his accent and her accent while speaking English is now Australian. It was just the sweetest time to talk with them. Of course, the one picture I took, I caught Edwin with his eyes closed :).
Friday night, I went to a friend's house for dinner and it was good food and fun. Saturday was low key at home until I went to visit my parents then on to a high school graduation party. My dear friend, pictured below, hosted the party for her daughter. Then we showed up at church Sunday in the same dress, ha! Sunday afternoon I did something I do once or twice a year, and that is take a nap! I have just been running on tired the past few weeks, so I guess I really needed the couch nap.

How was your weekend?


The food at the restaurant looks really good! And your grand niece is just precious!! The matching dresses are both pretty. How nice to take a Sunday afternoon nap and get unexpected rest. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Yes, the nap was an unexpected surprise!
DeleteYay for newborn baby pics, fantastic chips and a flight of salsa, and parties with matching dresses! Which restaurant did you eat at this weekend? I'm wondering if it's Local Lime; their chips are very similar looking to those, and they're homemade. I also love that you talked to your friends living in Australia now! I know that did your heart some good. Has your girl made it back home from school yet? I know it'll just be the youngest, but I was wondering when she's coming home for the summer. My weekend was really good, too! It was almost too much to process, and I'm not even sharing about it until Friday of this week. I need to give my heart some time to think about it all and to rest. I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster! 🤣 Hormones while preparing for my youngest to move seven hours away is no joke!
ReplyDeleteIt was Local Lime! Their chips are so good! I know this is emotional for you. I feel it too. I promise the day-to-day gets better, but the goodbyes never are easy! It has been 2 months since I have seen my girls, but I see them both this weekend!
DeleteSunday afternoon naps are a favorite of mine. The dress is cute and the baby is darling. There is nothing quite so precious as a newborn. I'm not embracing the gray lol. I don't have pretty gray and maybe if I had that lovely white or silver I would, but mine has a texture and shade I don't care for at all. Have a great week!
ReplyDeleteYes, now I am thinking I won't embrace the gray until I am in my 80's! I do love a newborn too!
DeleteOh what a beautiful little baby- congrats! That meal looks amazing too :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! I can't wait to meet her.
DeleteThe food from the Mexican restaurant looks delicious! Since I'm a dark colored blond, I use Sun-In and it helps lightening my hair and mostly helps so the grays or whites don't show up as much. lol
ReplyDeleteOh, that is a good tip to know. I may start getting some highlights as more grays come :).
DeleteWhat a sweet baby! I love the root cover up. That's so funny about the matching dresses.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to meet her! Good thing I was matching with one my best friends!
DeleteAw, what a sweet, sweet baby photo! That is so funny that you both showed up in matching dresses. Your lunch looks delicious.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Yes, thankfully, we are close friends, so we laughed at the dresses!
DeleteAww! So glad to see the baby arrived safe and sound! Congrats to all! So glad your week has been filled with good food and good friends! I also love the “twinsies” dress! How fun that y’all both wore it!
ReplyDeleteThanks, it has! Hope all went well with your mom this week.
Delete