Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Talking About it Tuesdays ~ Outdoor Plants/May 21, 2024

 Today I am sharing a little about my outdoor plants.  I am not investing much in my current flower beds this year, but am trying to focus on just maintaining my plants I have in some pots outside.


In the last 6 weeks, I have planted a few things and it has been fun to watch them come alive with spring.
You can see the growth from the plant in the pot in the middle from April until now.  I love watching things grow!
When I went to Louisiana for Easter, I brought home this Cajun Hibiscus.
The bloom is beautiful!
I also planted some succulents in this pot.
I forget what this plant below is called that I planted, but I like this and it has grown so much in 6 weeks!
My knock out roses have already died for the season, so they are probably not in the best spot.  However, the hydrangea bush is shining right now!
I also have these lily's, which are about to bloom any day now!  I planted these in this small flower bed at the front of the house.

I would love to be able to have cut flowers throughout the spring/summer season, but I end up buying more instead of cutting from my own yard.

What is your favorite plant that you put in a pot?  Most of my yard is part shade at some point of the day.  







11 comments:

  1. I love to watch plants grow as well! One can go deep with that sentiment- with the symbols of plants, rebirth, the spiritual,etc. or just superficial- it´s enjoyable to see growth and enjoy the beauty. Your flowers and plants are so pretty! Right now I have petunias in pots. They are easy to care for and so pretty to look at!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Well said. I may go add a few petunias as well. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Your plants are so pretty! I just went and bought some flowering plants in pots and hanging baskets to put around outside and every few days I talk a walk around the yard and check out the flowering plants and shrubs I have in our gardens. Most of them are looking nice and full and green but so few are blooming just yet. My favorite are the hydrangeas even if they don't seem to like my yard much and hardly grow at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a hydrangea too! I need to add a hanging basket too. Good idea!

      Delete
  3. Isn’t Spring the best? I’m gardening in a big way this year. (My body may regret it.) Coleus, caladiums, and hostas are great for the shade. I have coleus and hostas in my yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a few hostas, but I will look up the others. Thanks! Have a good day!

      Delete
  4. I just love seeing all these flowers! So beautiful. Visiting from Talking About it Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just planted some annuals in our containers and some hydrangeas that friends gave us for our new home. I'm still figuring out where I want to put things but I'm going to give it a season so I can see if anything comes up. One of my favorite container plants is miniature roses, they come back every year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is good to know about the miniature roses. I will look for those. Yes, it does take a season or two to see how things grow in a new yard.

      Delete
  6. Everything looks so nice, and I love seeing the comparison pictures. Down here, impatiens does really well in a shady pot. I agree with Heather above that miniature roses do well. I got some at Valentines Day and split them up into different pots. They are thriving, but they definitely like quite a bit of sun.

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...