Monday, June 17, 2024

Hello Monday ~ June 17, 2024

 Happy Monday!  I am back today after taking a few days off last week.  I started strong last week, but then wasn't feeling good the last part of the week with a lot of exhaustion in many ways, so the blog took a backseat.  Here we are pressing on through mid-June with some highlights from the weekend.

Friday morning, I worked for a few hours then ran an errand.  That evening, sweet Jennifer came over and it was so fun to have a friend at the house!  We ate, chatted, and did the first steps of making our sourdough!  I passed along some sourdough starter and some tips on how I make my sourdough.  It is always a learning process, especially as the weather changes and I see how people use different methods of making it.
You know you are real friends when she pulled out a fan to help me during a hot flash!
I tried to lower expectations to her for the bread, because every once in a while, my bread just doesn't turn out great.  That being said, even those loaves still taste good.  Thankfully, this batch turned out good and I baked my loaf Saturday morning.

I also enjoyed this beautiful sight when I went to water flowers Saturday morning.  I love a Stargazer Lily!

Saturday was our first really hot day of the summer.  Brook and I went to run a few errands.  One stop was the grand opening of a new cookie place called Cookie Plug, where they are known for different flavors and thick cookies.
"This is not a crumble box"
From left to right flavors:  snickerdoodle, peanut butter, strawberry cheesecake, oreo cookie, the small ones were keto chocolate chip and keto peanut butter, original chocolate chip, 2 red velvet oreo and triple chocolate.  The triple chocolate was my favorite, but the oreo cookie was a close second.  
We went into Home Goods and were inspired with lots of decor.  I loved these little lights and lampshades, which were only $15, but I didn't get them.  
We also went to our local Clothes Mentor.  Another store here told me about them the other day and then I saw Amy mention this store on her blog.  We traded in some clothes and got a few things.  I got these 2 dresses and a ring.  Brook got a pair of shoes, so it was an even trade for us.  I had just told Brook that morning that I have so many dresses.  In fairness, I did clear out a few from my closet that morning, but I quickly replaced them it seems!  
The rest of Saturday was spent doing a little laundry and going through some things as I am starting to get rid of things surely, but very slowly. Also, Brook ordered a guitar to learn how to play, so she serenaded me as she tuned it and tried to learn some chords.

Sunday morning was church, a quick lunch at home, then time at my sister's with her family, kids and grandkids aka...my greats.  My parents were also there so I was thankful to be able to see my dad. The only picture I took of the afternoon was my 3 year old niece jumping off the diving board and swimming to the ladder!  I was so impressed at doing this at such a young age.

Also, this is me before church in one of my new Amazon dresses this season. I call this hairstyle, "my college daughter is home for the summer"!  I love having Brook help me style my hair and her opinion on clothes and accessories!

I'm back off to work this morning and hope you have a good day!













17 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! Those new dresses are so pretty. And I love the new cookie place and its proclamation that the cookies are not Crumbl cookies. How fun to have Brook home and do fun things with her as well as with Jennifer on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun! Thanks. I wore one the dresses today to work.

      Delete
  2. I love your hair like that! It looks like a fun weekend, and I'm glad you're feeling better. We went to Homegoods and Crave cookies on Friday...what a coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh, that's funny that our weekend included both Homegoods and cookies!

      Delete
  3. LOL at the "this is not a crumbl box" box. My first thought was that it was very similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were definitely throwing some shade towards Crumbl it seems!

      Delete
  4. LOVE the time you have with Jennifer and making sourdough together sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had fun! Now I think I have her addicted to it, ha!

      Delete
  5. It was such a fun time Friday night! Let's do it again soon. My loaf of bread is already halfway gone! Someone (Jonah) keeps eating it for breakfast. 🤣 I love your new clothing items, and you looked beautiful in the Sunday morning picture! I love your hair up like that; I've been wearing mine up more as well, because it's HOT. My fan in the picture from Friday me laugh out loud. I forgot you took that! We are true friends now, girl! Forever and always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! You don't have to wait until the weekend to bake again :).

      Delete
  6. The bread looks great. Love your ring and your church outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The bread was delicious and the ring was a fun find. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. As soon as my girls are home I recruit one to straighten my hair. I wish they could do it on a regular basis. We were in Tennessee for the weekend at my daughters (near Chattanooga) and it was a scorcher there too. I saw where Jen baked your bread and it looked really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's funny to hear your girls still help with your hair too. My older daughter lives in Chattanooga! Yes, the bread turned out good this week.

      Delete
  8. I love that you and Jennifer got together! ♥️ I know y’all had a blast! I would have had a hard time passing up those adorable lamps! I love that polka dotted dress and your hair up is so cute! I know you and the daughter will have a fun summer together! I’ve never heard of Clothes Mentor but now I want to check it out! That was a cute dress you scored! I do hope you will feel better this week. Mental and physical exhaustion is so tough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is fun we live so close to one another! Thanks...I am loving having my daughter here. Yes, the exhaustion is real. Trying to exercise some self care over here, which sometimes, includes just being lazy :).

      Delete
  9. That dress is so lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete

Exploring Vancouver ~ August 20, 2026

  Today's post is about my time exploring Vancouver a little more.  I had a full day in Vancouver and then after a trip to Whistler, I h...