Friday, July 5, 2024

Friday Favorites ~ July 5, 2024

 Good morning.  I hope you all had a safe and good 4th holiday.  This week has felt heavy for several reasons for me. However, getting hugs from little ones sure helps a girl's week.  Here are a few favorites.....
I picked fresh flowers from my yard this week to brighten up my day.  This is a random assortment, but it did the trick!

I painted my nails a little patriotic for the holiday!

This is my only decoration for the holiday I used this year other than my flag flying on the front porch.

My daughter had other plans for the holiday, so I went to my sister's house.  This little 2 year old boy is so smart and so funny!

There was an abundance of food and yummy desserts! I made the cookies in the basket.

Gosh, I just love this picture.  This is me with most of my greats.  One little one was inside and I have one that was born this summer who lives in Richmond.  

These 2 little cousins were at my side for most of the day and I wasn't mad about it.  Since Brook wasn't there, they both wanted to hold Aunt Marilyn, sit by Aunt Marilyn and hug Aunt Marilyn.  I didn't refuse any of it.

I enjoyed the time with the kids, seeing my parents, my sister and her family.  It was a hot day so it was fun to spend some time in the pool.  For the first time in years, I jumped off a diving board in the pool.  Usually, I just wade around, but it was fun to be all in with the kids.

I came home and watched fireworks on tv and also my neighbors shooting them outside.  

I was a little down by the time I laid down in bed, so I listened to some praise music while writing this.  Hearing the reminders of God's faithfulness is just what I needed to hear. I am thankful for another day off tomorrow and hope to be a little productive.
Happy Friday friends!

13 comments:

  1. That sounds like a wonderful 4th of July; all your grands are so adorable. And there is nothing like jumping off the diving board to make you feel a bit like a kid again. Other than the fireworks last night that many neighbors set off around the lake it hardly felt like a holiday at all here-- we had lots of rain (still do this morning too!) and zero plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I needed a moment to just be a kid yesterday! Ugh on the rain, but at least it is good for the plants. I had heard there was going to be rain in the northeast as I was watching fireworks from NYC.

      Delete
  2. Your 4th sounds nice! How wonderful to have a pool for everyday life and get togethers. We were at a cook out yesterday at a home that had a pool. So fun! That´s cool that you dove off of the board. So did my husband! He felt like a kid for a few hours! Your family is precious- love the photos of the happy kids with their auntie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my sister lives about 40 minutes away & she has the pool, so it is fun to go down there when all of her family is there. I'm glad y'all were able to be near a pool too. That just seems like a fun thing to do on the 4th. Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  3. You are so lucky to have so many kids to be around when you are in the mood! So nice to say buh bye and leave, though! My 4th felt very un4th. Tom was in a bad mood and went to work anyway for half the day - so dumb in my opinion. Mason went to a friend's party and was gone a really long time. It was just lame. Oh well. I'm sorry you were down. A lot of times I am ready for the over hyped holidays to be over.
    Your flowers are beautiful - would much rather have wildflowers than a stiff arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just realized I responded, but in email....hope it got through to you!

      Delete
  4. Yea for jumping off the diving board! Those little kids will keep you young! I'm sorry it was a tough day, and hope things will look up for you soon. I agree with Amy about overhyped holidays. Although I love the 4th and am so grateful for the USA, I definitely think it can be a let down. We grilled steaks and that was it for the day! I also used to feel this way about Valentine's day during all of my 20s when I was single. Ugh. Hope you have a relaxing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks such fun and a great holiday way. Love your cookies and treats and those kids are darling! Thanks for coming by Marmelade Gypsy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry your week has felt heavy. I hope things are better next week.
    Fresh flowers are the best, they always cheer me up and I love your nails! So pretty!
    What a great 4th of July you had, yummy food and family time. It sounds like all the little one's love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I adore them in return. Yes, I am already feeling better and looking forward to a new week.

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry you had a hard week, and don't know what you're going through, but at a hard time in my life I found 4th of July really hard - not quite holiday enough to find distraction, and too much to totally ignore. It felt lonely in a way other holidays didn't , maybe because the others are more family oriented. Hope things are easier this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing and I appreciate your compassion. Have a good Sunday!

      Delete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...