Friday, July 26, 2024

Friday Favorites /Monthly Musings ~ July 26, 2024

 Happy Friday!  I am linking up today for Friday Favorites and backtracking to yesterday to join up with July's Monthly Musings.


A few favorites....

I joined a friend on a walk Monday morning at a local park and saw these deer.
My next favorites of the week were having lunch with my college roommate and an early dinner with my sister.  Did I get pictures from either of these?  No.  

Another favorite is I received my Amazon Prime purchases!  I will share these on August 5th, but this is me with one of my purchases...my own tool kit!

A huge favorite has been how well mom did after surgery this week.  That being said, as you may be reading this, she has another major surgery Friday morning that may cause more pain afterwards.  I will be visiting her today and this weekend at the hospital. 

Now on to Monthly Musings with Patty and Holly....

1.  Summer travel - where have you been and what trips are still coming up?
I haven't taken a vacation yet, but I do have one next month to Richmond and Virginia Beach.  

2.  Favorite things you have done so far this summer?
My favorite thing by far is just spending time with my daughters.  My oldest has been home a few times for weddings and my youngest is here for the summer.
3.  Share your go-to outfits this summer.
My go to outfits are dresses & I have bought several new ones this summer, including the 2 in the pictures above.
4.  Summer accessories you are never without?
My summer accesory is my neck fan, ha!
5.  Share your go-to shoes this summer.
I wear sandals or these slip on shoes alot.



6.  Share anything spontaneous you did this summer. Big or small.
I jumped in a swimming pool, which is something I hadn't done in years.  And I also hosted a Gummy Bear Party for 2 of my great nieces and some girls from church.
7.  Have you seen any summer movies this year?
I saw Disciples of the Moonlight last week and want to go see Inside Out 2.

8. Favorite summer sweet treat?
This is the same answer year round....frozen yogurt.

9.  Summer slow down or ready for fall?
Ready for fall, with the exception my daughter will go back to college. 

10.  Ready for back to school, if you have kids in school?
See previous answer....no, I will miss her terribly.  Thankfully, I will have a few nights with both my girls next month.  I treasure time together with both of them.

Wishing you all a great weekend!




21 comments:

  1. Great week! Your neck fan looks like headphones so you just look younger and cooler! No pun intended. Your dress collection is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You girls look so beautiful- glad you have gotten to go to fun events with them and spend time with them. Your dresses are so pretty; I can´t seem to get in the habit of wearing them to anywhere but church. Neat pictures of all those deer. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dresses seem cooler and easier to wear for me in the summer. Thanks and you too!

      Delete
  3. I love the dress you wore to the wedding. So great to have time with our grown up girls. Enjoy these next few weeks before they head back to uni. I love the deer pictures...we have had more deer than usual this summer and they snacked on my hydrangeas-ugh! The plants seem to have recovered and still bloomed but not the way they normally do. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no for your hydrangeas! Yes, I am enjoying the time and hope you are resting from all of your recent company!

      Delete
  4. Even though you didn't snap pics, your meals out with friends sound like a blast! I love your dresses this summer- so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were fun and I always think, should I ask for a blog photo?? I don't think they even know I write a blog :). Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Cute dresses! Enjoy every minute with those girls. Visits with my girls, are too few and far apart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending prayers for your mom and her second surgery today. We ordered Alec a mini tool kit to bring to college with the Prime day dales. It looks like you and your daughter have been having lots of fun this summer. You have so many pretty summer dresses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That will be a great thing for Alec to have. It has been a nice summer with her for sure!

      Delete
  7. I hope your mom does well with the surgery. I love all of your dresses...so fun! I'm not looking forward to the quiet house after G goes to Nashville! Luckily, I have about a trip each month to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss froyo! I think the closest one to me is probably an hour away now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am addicted, so I would miss it an hour away.

      Delete
  9. It sounds like a fantastic summer for you, and how wonderful to spend time with your beautiful daughters! My son and husband wear their neck fans almost 24/7 during the summer months. They're both enjoying winter at the moment, and I'm counting down the days until the warmer weather! I'm praying for your mum and her surgery that all goes well and she isn't in pain.Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the prayers! I hope you feel some warmth outside soon. Enjoy your weekend Ruth!

      Delete
  10. I don't know what a Gummy Bear party is but it sounds like fun!!!! Thanks for joining us.

    Patty


    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love all your dresses. I need to find more dresses which suit me. Thinking of you as your kids head back to college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been on such a dress kick this summer! It sure helps to keep cool. Thank you.

      Delete

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...