Good Monday morning. Here is a brief recap of the weekend and random things going on in life.
My youngest daughter gave me a belated Mother's Day gift last week. This is one of my favorite pictures of us from her childhood and she made a laser image of it on wood. It is beautiful and I will treasure it forever.
Here is the original picture:
Friday morning, I worked from home for a few hours then spent the rest of the day at the hospital with my dad. My mom had her 2nd surgery of the week and this one lasted 4 1/2 hours, along with a few hours in recovery, so it was a long day.
Friday evening, Brook and I watched the Olympic opening ceremony. Of course, we are cheering for the USA, but it was fun to see Colombia come on the screen too, since we lived there for 3 years. One of my favorite parts of opening ceremonies is always seeing all the countries represented and their outfits. There are always a few countries I have to google!
Saturday, we went to the Farmer's Market, Kroger and then got some frozen yogurt!
I did some random housekeeping things like cleaning out clogged drains, laundry, spraying for bugs and patching up some nail holes to get ready to do some painting. Fun adulting! I was at home by myself Saturday night, so I enjoyed my new candle my best friend sent me and flowers we bought that morning at the grocery store. We have discovered the discount flower section!
Sunday, I went to church and had lunch with Jennifer. We always love getting together and so thankful I have her as a friend here to share life.
I went by the hospital afterwards to visit my mom. Thank you for praying for her last week with her 2 surgeries and continue to pray her strength will improve this week. We are hopeful she will go home today.
Later that evening, I went by Lowes to get some paint supplies and came home to watch gymnastics on the Olympics.
This saying really spoke to me last week. I see so many encouraging things that speak to me these days.
I hope you have a great start to your week!



Long day on Friday! I hope your mom will go home today, too. Is your Dad able to care for her needs in recovery?
ReplyDeleteI always forget to check Kroger's discounted flowers, but you can get some great deals - on par with Trader Joe's. Always buy the flowers! I am feeling melancholy about getting back in the saddle even though I know how blessed I was to have this time at home.
Yes, just got word she is coming home! I am hoping so. Oh the summer ends too soon for school teachers.
DeleteI love that laser painting of you and Brooke; what a thoughtful gift! I also love that y'all spent Saturday together. I'm excited to hear about your house projects! I need to do this in my home too.
ReplyDeleteI will try to remember to take some before and after photos!
DeleteI hope that your mom can go home today. Two surgeries is a lot! I will continue to pray for her. So fun that you got to see Jennifer! If I make to Memphis, I am looking both of you up :). Such a great gift from Brook! I hope your Monday is a good one.
ReplyDeleteShe is! Thank you for the prayers. Yes, please let us know if you are ever in our area!! We would love that!
DeleteI haven't bought myself flowers for awhile. Maybe I'll do that this week. Great photo of you and your daughter. Hope you have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteThere is a section at our grocery store that will have flowers marked down significantly. I can hardle pass them up anymore! Thanks!
DeleteWishing your mom a smooth and speedy recovery! So love seeing you and Jennifer get together- you are lucky to have each other :)
ReplyDeleteThanks and yes, I am lucky to have a real life blog friend nearby!
DeleteThat gift is so beautiful
ReplyDeleteI agree!
DeleteThat laser painting is so neat! I am so glad to hear your mom made out okay with her surgeries and I hope she got to go home today. I've been painting all day today and most of Saturday too at my parent's house helping them get it ready to sell. I am so wiped out now...
ReplyDeleteThanks. Yes, she just went home after lunch. Oh, I bet that is exhausting, but I'm sure they appreciate your help. Are they staying in the area?
DeleteThe laser wood project is so cool. She is so talented! Love that quote at the end. I hope your mom continues her recovery!
ReplyDeleteI thought so too! Thanks, she hopefully can continue to get stronger at home.
DeleteI see your momma is coming home today...so glad! I think recovery is easier in your own space, so long as you don't need the medical team's care. I love the laser wood project! How special! I saw your comment on my blog...I was a Phi Mu. I actually live not too far from Asheville, but on the SC side. We love the mountains! Have you ever been to Highlands NC? One of my favorites.
ReplyDeleteYes, me too! That's so fun! I was a Kappa Delta. I'm sure that is a beautiful area! I have been to Highlands and loved it. We lived in a suburb of Charlotte for 5 years, so we loved to travel in Western NC. It has just been a while!
DeleteSo great to hear that your mum's surgery went well! I love the beautiful Mothers Day gift, how special!
ReplyDeleteSo glad your mom did ok for the second surgery and I’m praying she has a full recovery and can be comfortable this week. Looks like you had a great weekend! I love the laser work on the wood! That is absolutely beautiful! What a treasure! You and Jennifer look great and I’m glad y’all have one another. Hope you have a great week! Stay cool!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I am thankful we live close to one another too.
Delete