Friday, August 30, 2024

Friday Favorites ~ August 30, 2024

 Happy Friday everyone! Let's close out August with a few favorites from the week.  
Monday - It had a few rough spots, but the favorite of the day was stopping by a friend's house, getting a hug and we prayed together.

Tuesday - I worked and made these delicious donuts & included my sourdough discard in the recipe.  We are still eating on these this week.

Wednesday - I worked from home then went to Panera twice! I met my parents for an early lunch and had my favorite salad again.
I went to run a few errands...I went into Marshalls for a few minutes and just seeing the fall stuff out brings a sense of peace.
I also tried to sell some clothes at a re-sell shop.  I only sold 4 items, so it wasn't a great return, but I traded my earnings for this Nike NBA Grizzlies pullover. I will be so glad to wear this soon! It hasn't been the hottest summer on record at all, but this week was probably one of our hottest.
I also was influenced this week (I saw this on several reels by different people) and bought some goodies at Trader Joe's.
The first item are facial cleansing pads.  This wasn't on the reel, but it caught my eye in the store and I thought it woudl be great for travel.
The next item I bought is Trader Joe's facial sunscreen.  I used SuperGoop for a while, then discovered I like the E.L.F. and Cerave brands just a much for $14.00 instead.  Trader Joe's has this version for $9.  I will try it and see if I like it as much.  After rinsing my face each morning with just water, I apply sunscreen before I ever apply any other makeup.  
The last item is Trader Joe's marcula facial oil.  This is a dupe for Drunk Elephant drops you mix with your moisturizer.  I have only used it for 2 nights so far, but really like the feel of it.  

After errands, I went back to Panera to meet a friend for tea.
Wednesday evening, I went out to a Mexican restaurant with a group of ladies from church to celebrate a new baby coming for one of the moms.  It was fun to get out with a group of ladies &  I am so thankful such a great group of people!

Thursday - I went to work and had my late evening as I served dinner at the hospital.  I also got my stitches out and feel so much better!

Friday - As of today, I have no big plans other than work this morning and my goodneess, I need to pick up a few things around my house.  I hope to do that and catch up on some reading too.

Have a great Labor Day weekend!  I will see y'all in September!





16 comments:

  1. I did a double take when you said see you in September! Hard to believe! I guess I just don't know what to order at Panera. Also, we just have so many better choices here in my opinion! I know people love it, but I just don't.
    I hope you have a wonderful relaxing long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good place to meet my parents and I often meet people there for a coffee/tea. You too!

      Delete
  2. That salad looks de-lish! I hardly ever go to Panera- I may have to look up copy cat salad recipes from Panera. Cute pullover! You have been busy. I hope you get to relax this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be easy to re-create. Yes, I hope to relax while also being a little productive around the house. Enjoy your weekend too!

      Delete
  3. I love the Grizzlies pullover! I know you'll be glad to wear that soon. Those donuts look amazing! One thing I'm going to do this weekend is look up discard recipes to use mine before it needs to be tossed. Jonah loved those chocolate muffins that my friend made with hers, so I'll probably try to find a recipe for those. I hope to see you at some point this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are a lot of good recipes out there. Me too!

      Delete
  4. I saw the TJs dupe reels too! I love Marshall's / HomeGoods fall things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sisters dermatologist recommends the TJ’s sunscreen. I love it and even my husband tolerated it on his bald head. Those donuts look really good .

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Panera salad looks delicious! We don’t have Panera here, but I always love hearing about and seeing all the amazing food places you guys have over there. I hope you have a wonderful long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many great restaurants here for sure1 I hope you do too!

      Delete
  7. That is good that you have a good friend there to give you a hug when things aren't great.
    Those donuts look so good and the salad too.
    I have been looking at all the fall stuff in the shops and it makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am thankful! I don't need to buy a lot of fall things, but I do enjoy seeing it all in the stores!

      Delete
  8. We love Panera! It's been too long since we've had it, too! And, man, I wish we had a Trader Joe's! This is the time of year that it really shines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This Panera is walkable to Trader Joe's, so it is a good combination! Yes, Trader Joe's lives its best life in the fall!

      Delete

Celebrity Edge

  Hi.  This post is all about the Celebrity Edge, the ship I sailed on to Alaska.  This is the description from the internet: The Celebrity ...