Oh, we are so close to Friday! Until then, here are this month's Monthly Musings....
1. Meal planning -
I certainly think all day long about what I am going to eat, but I really don't meal plan a lot these days. In one more week, it will be just me living alone, so food is very low key for me. I probably eat most of my food consumption by 1pm, unless if I am going out with friends/family at night. By the time the end of the day comes, I usually will just eat a snack. My foods I eat earlier in the day consists of a mix of protein bars/shakes, cheese sticks, fruit, yogurt, and crackers.
2. Back to school traditions-
When my girls were at home, I would let them pick out the meal for that first night. Even though we homeschooled for most of the years, we still tried to make it special. My youngest did attend traditional high school.
3. Back to school shopping-
Because I did this all before internet shopping was a huge industry, I shopped primarily at Walmart or Target or educational stores.
4.Transition wardrobe to fall -
I will usually start by adding a cardigan, military or denim jacket once the temperatures turn a little cooler.
5. End of summer trip-
Yes! I have a trip next month and am looking forward to it so much!
6. School start-
All schools here start at different times depending if they are charter, public or private schools, but they all start before Labor Day. My daughter's university is the only school I am aware of that begins after Labor Day for a university. I have mentioned it before, but she is on a quarter system.
7. Labor Day plans-
Nothing as of yet! If nothing comes up, I will try to spend that day organizing/cleaning the house. I know I mention that all the time it seems, but this is so ongoing for me.
8. White after Labor Day-
I will wear some off white clothing, but I am usually ready for my fall clothes by Labor Day.
9. Pumpkin spice-
I don't drink pumpkin spice specifically, but I do love making pumpkin bread.
10. Back to school life hacks-
Say no to some things, get rest and try to stay as organized as possible.
Oh I can't wait to read about your little trip- it's always so fun to have something like that to look forward to right? I need to find a good recipe for pumpkin bread this year!
ReplyDeleteI am excited! I will share my bread recipe soon!
DeleteI loved reading about your answers! Isn't it funny to think back on times before the internet and online everything took over the world? And having normal phones that weren't smart?? Sometimes I miss those simpler days.
ReplyDeleteMe too, me too.
DeleteI really love pumpkin bread. I think I like it best without chocolate chips in its purest form! I also love pumpkin pie and Costco's is amazing with Cool Whip!
ReplyDeleteI am always over white by Labor Day anyway. I wear it so much in the summer it seems. I did really well on the decluttering this summer but I still have so much more to do, so I get that. I plan to be ruthless with fall decor and if I don't want to put it out this year, it must go.
Girl, the clutter never ends! I need to not buy any more decor or clothes until I remind myself of what I have.
DeleteYour upcoming trip sounds fun- I love having things like that to look forward to. I hope Brook has a safe trip back to campus and a wonderful year ahead!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Maria!
DeleteI love pumpkin bread too! It is probably healthier to eat most of your food earlier in the day. I hope you have a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteThat's what I think too, but I still need to tweak some things because I never feel like I am losing any weight!
DeleteI've read if you live in a warm climate white past Labor Day is fine. I'm going with that because I still love my white shorts/capris/ jeans. I do love fall though, and fall colors and jeans especially. We have company coming on Sunday night to celebrate hubs birthday and my house is so so dusty from the outdoor project. Dusting feels futile right now, yet I will dust. Have a nice Labor Day wekeend!
ReplyDeleteGreat point. Hope y'all enjoy the weekend and celebrating too!
DeleteCan't wait to hear about your trip. Thanks for joining us!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteI think the minute we are empty nesters my menu planning will go out the window and I'll definitely be winging it each night. I'm so over cooking big meals for everyone! LOL. I can't even remember where I used to shop before internet.. I'm guessing locally and we didn't have many stores to pick from.
ReplyDeleteYes, it definitely gets easier! I am so dependent on the internet for everyday items for sure.
DeleteYour meals sound simple and easy! Excited for you and your end of summer trip!
ReplyDeleteMe too!
DeletePumpkin bread sounds soooo good right now! I need to make some!
ReplyDeleteI look forward to making it and need to stock up on some cans of pumpkin!
DeleteWe spent Labour Day deep cleaning and organizing our play room/back entry. We always seem to tackle one big housecleaning project on Labour Day. Last year it was behind the stove!
ReplyDelete