Wednesday, November 6, 2024

Currently Hodgepodge ~ November 6, 2024

 I am joining up with Jennifer and Joyce today for a little bit of Currently Hodgepodge this first Wednesday of the month!


Currently

Loving

I am currently loving the weather, watching Christmas movies & fall colors!  

I watched this movie and it has been one of my favorites this year & felt like it has a different plot than most of the others!

Looking forward to

I am looking forward to a weekend with friends and celebrating my birthday Monday!

Smelling

I am smelling pumpking candles and sourdough bread!


Preparing for

I will be preparing for a girls trip and then for the Christmas holiday soon.I bought these paper Honeycomb magnetic trees for a new decoration this year.  Have you seen this trend?


Thankful for

I am so thankful for my daughters, my parents, my siblings, my nieces/nephews and greats & so thankful for my friends.  These people mean more to me this year than ever before.  I don't say any of those names lightly.



1. What is one good thing you often take for granted? 
I take for granted clean drinking water and I certainly don't drink enough water. Having water not only for drinking, but washing hands, taking a hot shower and washing clothes are a luxury. 

2. What's the boldest piece of clothing in your wardrobe? 

The first thing that came to mind is this dress I bought this summer with a bold pattern. I also own some leather pants, which I don't wear too often even in the winter and a leopard dress.

3. Do you think common interests or common values are the key to people getting along? Elaborate. 

I think both play a part.  Initially, I think common interests is what draws people to get along.  If they have common values, sometimes I feel like it would be a person you can truly be yourself with at all times, but I definitely have some sweet, precious friends in my life who don't share the same values.  Those few who I am closest with share both of these characteristics. 

4. November 6 is National Nacho Day...do you like nachos? How do you like yours? Do you make them at home or only order out? 

I do like nachos, but rarely order them out, unless if we are just talking about chips and queso or guac!  I eat BBQ nachos at home occasionally by just adding shredded pork with sugar free BBQ sauce over chips and add shredded cheddar cheese on top.

5. Have you spent any time in Washington D.C.?  If so what did you think? If not, is that a place you'd like to visit? What do you think about politics as a career choice?

I went after college on a trip with my brother and then I went with my family back in 2013.  We arrived the day before the government shut down for the first time in 17 years.  Therefore, we were only able to get in one Smithsonian visit and all of the normal free things were closed.  We made the best of it and still had a good trip though. I definitely don't want a career in politics as I don't follow it as closely these past 20 years. I do vote every election though, even the local ones, and am usually an early voter.


6. Insert your own random thought here

I am enjoying doing a daily gratitude list. I will share some highlights of these throughout the month.



22 comments:

  1. I, too, take clean water for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! That dress is stunning! Wear the leather pants! I have faux black and a rich brown and they feel like butter but are also super warm with a lining so they make me hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am waiting for it to get a little cooler and then I hope to wear the pants more this season.

      Delete
  3. I have heard of the paper honeycomb trend- I think I may jump on the bandwagon :). Yours are pretty. I may get white since one set of my Christmas china features a snowy vignette. I love your dress! You have great style. That is cool that you´ve been to DC. I have not been but I would like to go! Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the green and the white and hope to use them together. I try to get one new decor item each year. Thanks! I think you would love a visit to DC. You too!

      Delete
  4. Oooh I love the trees. I have seen the trend and may get some this year. I haven't bought any new Christmas decor and like to add something each year. I like the varying sizes too. Love the dress! How unfortunate to get to D.C. and find it basically closed. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also like to add something new each year! I purchased the green and the white.

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday! I think it's so easy to take things like clean water and electricity for granted... until they aren't available. I'm trying to be better about drinking more of it. That dress is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen the honeycomb trees...what a fun decoration. Looks like we were both in DC in 2013 with the family! Happy birthday on Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's fun we both went the same year! Happy early birthday to Jack too!

      Delete
  7. That gratitude challenge is so interesting. I don't think I have seen that before - but what a great idea! You look great in that dress. Definitely do not think I could pull that off. Good for you....going bold:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't normally do the gratitude checklist, but I am challenging myself to do this one. Thank you!

      Delete
  8. As I read everybody’s list of things taken for granted, I’m reminded of more things I take for granted - I guess that’s why I didn’t mention them! I need to look at that and be thankful that even the things I may think is little, isn’t and I need to be more grateful. One thing I know I never take for granted are my sons. After losing my oldest son at age 25, my other two sons are even more precious to me.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am so sorry for this pain. I know you must treasure your children. Thank you for sharing this.

      Delete
  9. I like those honeycomb trees and have seen a few of them around but didn't realize they were a trending item. Will have to pay more attention! Too bad your trip to DC was interrupted by the government shutdown - that year we were at Glacier National Park and got to see some of it on Sept 30 and then on Oct 1 it was closed. Ho0pe you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow. Glacier is one of my favorite places and I that would be such a bummer.

      Delete
  10. Great answers. I love the gratiude list!

    ReplyDelete

Hodgepodge ~ September 30, 2026

 Hi blog friends!  How are you?  Thanks to Joyce, I am linking up with Hodgepodge this week. 1. When you think of autumn what sounds come to...